As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- 5+ years of Java, J2EE development experience
- Exposure to UI development using HTML5, Angular JS
- Experience with .NET development preferred
- Strong technical development experience in effectively writing code, performing code reviews, and implementing best practices on configuration management and code refactoring
- Experience with software and information architecture
- Experience in working with vendor applications
- Experience developing enterprise solutions on SQL server and Oracle database platform
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- A delivery focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
- Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
- Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, ARM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both with business customers and with fellow IT professionals (Business Analysts, Project Managers and Developers)
- Experience with the following technologies: core java/J2EE, Spring, HTML5, Angular JS, Hibernate, JDBC, SQL/PLSQL, messaging architecture, REST/Web services, Apache Tomcat, Linux
- Exposure to rules engines, preferably Drools
- Exposure to BPM tools, preferably JBPM
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
If you’re interested in work that makes a difference, then apply today