The Laserfiche development team is looking for a talented coder who enjoys creating new features and improving what already exists. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, want to do more than maintenance projects and are passionate about commanding the power of server-side technology, this job is for you!
As a back-end developer at Laserfiche, you’ll be part of a collaborative team that works in an iterative manner to deliver the next generation of the Laserfiche document and records management server. In particular, you’ll be responsible for developing, implementing and refining the server applications that lie at the heart of the Laserfiche product line—all while optimizing security, scalability, and performance under load.
– Gather software requirements, develop functional software designs and specifications.
– Write and debug server-side code, primarily in, but not limited to, C++ and C#.
– Write, debug, and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures.
– Develop test plans and write test code.
– Measure application performance and optimize code.
– Write documentation for code artifacts and the design of subsystems.
– Assist product support engineers in troubleshooting problems encountered by customers, and developing patches and fixes.
– Research new technologies for use in product development.
What You’ll Need:
– A B.S. in computer science or similar technical field of study.
– Strong knowledge of modern C++. Knowledge of C# and the .NET Framework is desirable.
– 3+ years of experience in developing scalable cloud systems.
– A good understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, network programming, and databases.
– The ability to understand, speak, and write technical documentation in English.
– The ability to manage one’s own time and to multi-task effectively.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.
***Please note that this is NOT a remote role***