Our cross-functional Engineering teams develop scalable and secure microservices and APIs for the different domains of our product. As Backend Developer you are not only individual contributor but support your team with a strong customer-centric mindset and a drive to take on ownership over product capabilities or technical components. Two week sprints based on Scrum help our teams to self-organise their tasks and continuously improve the way they work to deliver value through our products for our customers.
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE? Well, there are multiple reasons:
- We have invested a lot in a working environment that allows everyone to thrive. We believe in open access to leadership, transparent communication, personal development and that our world-class team deserves the best software stack money can buy.
- We’re solving hard engineering challenges at a large scale which requires creativity and very strong engineering knowledge.
- We have a culture of empowered product teams, which means you’re not just executing a roadmap that someone hands to you but you actually get problems to solve. And from that, we value and reward outcomes not just output.
- We build it, we run it! We are not just building and delivering features, but we also make sure our customers can rely on them. This means we value resilience, a high degree of automation and staying ahead of our customers whenever something goes wrong.
- We prioritise continuous improvement, collaboration and sharing knowledge. As a product team we also want to continuously improve our products by validating and measuring how users are using them.
- We value work-life balance, support working remotely or on-site and we believe a well-rested and well-rounded person with interests outside of their job is the best engineer. We offer flexible working hours, so you can adapt your job to your life.
WHAT IS WAITING FOR YOU?
- Implementation of scalable & secure backend services in Java
- Design and Implementation of robust GraphQL and REST APIs for our products
- Continuous Improvement of our architecture, CI/CD pipelines and codebase
- Agile development according to SCRUM
WHAT IS OUR STACK?
- Java & Kotlin using microservice frameworks such as Dropwizard, Quarkus & Micronaut
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka
- API Technologies such as GraphQL and REST
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Modern CI/CD toolchains, e.g., Github Actions & Ansible, Terraform, Testcontainers
- Monitoring & Alerting, e.g., Instana, Azure App Insights, PagerDuty
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone who likes to:
- Solve problems and deliver customer value
- Ship code daily
- Take ownership and drive topics
- Build state-of-the-art & high quality user interfaces
- Work in a product and customer focussed team
- 2 to 4+ years working experience
- Working proficiency with Java
- Working experience with modern tools and practises
- Open communication style