Got a passion for microservices and cutting edge tech? Are you experienced solving complex problems by re-architecting existing APIs for consumer-facing product teams? Want to collaborate with highly-skilled technical teams in a growing business to define the domain model?
Lendi is looking for an experienced Back End Software Engineer to join one of our core service teams. This team is responsible for maintaining the Lendi domain model and building out a significant portion of the APIs required for product teams.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian consumers transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our engineering team. We value evidence-backed opinions and will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities in planning and resource allocation, architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Driving strong agile practices in the team
- Managing a small and talented team of engineers
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Building robust, scalable software as a key member of our engineering team
- Developing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in written form
What you’ll bring:
- Strong experience in NodeJS, Typescript and associated technologies
- Strong understanding of event driven systems (Kafka)
- Experience in containerization (Docker)
- RESTful Services experience and the ability to define swagger contracts with other teams
- A passion for building automated, fault-tolerant and reliable services
- Demonstrated belief in TDD unit, integration, performance, and end-to-end (functional) tests
- A strong grasp on best practice and the ability to guide and mentor other members on the team
- A passion for building automated, fault tolerant and reliable applications
- A “you build it, you own it” mentality
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- A desire to continually improve the way in that you and your team work
- Proficient understanding of Git and code management tools (one of; Bitbucket, GitHub, etc)
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Knowledge of React
- Knowledge of Banking and/or mortgages
Lendi is Australia’s # online home loan business and we’re building a technology-enabled platform to take the hard work out of home loans. We’re passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples’ lives.
Current technology for borrowers and mortgage professionals is comically outdated and inefficient. We’re changing the landscape in two key ways: first, by giving borrowers the tools that give them control of the most important financial decision of their lives. Second, by saving mortgage professionals from the drudgery of today’s tools and making their jobs both interesting and meaningful.
Our developers and engineers are the key people leading that revolution.
Benefits and perks:
At Lendi we take career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing initiatives such as gym membership, yoga and free massages
- Awesome Circular Quay location
- A week’s additional annual leave after 3 years’ service
- Open pantry with complimentary food for staff
- Complimentary beer/wine fridge open on Friday afternoon
- Regular social and team building activities
- Promotion from within policy
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds at our company.