About this Role
Location Labs is looking for a frontend engineer who will help us to build the next generation of our products. You’ll be responsible for developing new user-facing features in our flagship products. You’ll work closely with our server engineers, product, and design teams to provide millions of users with a captivating web experience.
You love technology and its ability to change the world. You take pride in providing customers with a beautiful user experience. You care deeply about design and getting the little things right. You thrive in an agile development process and in teams with constant and authentic communication. You don’t just look for a job, you look for a company culture that will accelerate your career growth and teammates that will be life-long connections.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks/libraries such as Ember, Angular, Backbone or React
- Experience writing modular, reusable CSS (bonus points for preprocess knowledge of Less or SASS/SCSS)
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Academic background in computer science or equivalent technical experience
- Knowledge of REST API Principles
Tech We Use
- Framework: Ember, Backbone
- Styling: HTML, CSS3, SASS, Handlebars
- Build: Grunt, Bower, Npm
- Libraries: JQuery, Mocha, Chai, Lodash, D3
- Metrics: Optimizely, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
About Location Labs
Location Labs is the leader in mobile consumer products that enhance the personal safety of millions of users. Acquired in 2014 by online security leader AVG, our services are used by millions of monthly paying subscribers worldwide. Our engineers work closely with major device manufacturers, platform providers and network operators worldwide to provide cutting-edge solutions leveraging remote mobile device locator and management tools. Our company is redefining the market with a refreshing take on location services and the way in which mobile devices are managed.