We hire IT professionals with a passion for technology, a desire to learn, and the drive to contribute that make the team better. In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and test data-specific solutions working within a fast-paced and collaborative team environment to power our business growth
- Actively contribute to team discussions on software design, architecture and process improvements
- Experiment with new technologies and tools
- Participate in group events, hackathons and contests with a team that really enjoys working together and pushing each other to excel.
- Work on systems that handle 3+ million API requests and 600,000 pageviews per week in a 24/7 high availability AWS cloud-based environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Plan, investigate and design data warehouse implementation in accordance with system requirements
- Develop data warehouse structures using modern AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, Glacier, Elasticsearch and others
- Design ETL processes using tools such as Snaplogic, Luigi, and others
- Analyze complex business intelligence data and provides reports ensuring data accuracy
- Support and develop reports using Looker
- Design test protocols to provide high levels of confidence in software’s stability, usability, and security.
- Use CICD pipelines and modern build tools to deploy data warehouse changes
- Understand and implement the stated requirements for software and data designs.
- Provide development time estimates, constraints, and risks/liabilities as part of the Scrum process.
- Plan and prioritize development tasks in order to achieve objectives.
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Design or related field
Minimum: 5 years database administration
Preferred: 8+ years database administration, 2+ years data warehousing
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position:
- Expert level understanding of SQL
- Familiarity with designing and creating data warehouses and data lakes
- Experience with AWS, Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to learn new systems and technology quickly.
- Experience creating
- Ability to maintain high quality of work.
- High aptitude for collaboration and teamwork.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to meet stated customer-initiated deadlines.
- Demonstrate professional office etiquette and appearance.
- Exemplify professionalism in all LRG-related contexts and activities.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
Salaried position with typical work hours 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM; ability to flex schedule to meet team requirements.
- Repetitive motion. Moderate movements/motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Visual acuity. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities including viewing and reading a computer monitor and documents
- Sedentary work. Must be able to sit for an extended period covering the duration of work shift hours.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Lowers Risk Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled veteran or other veteran, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
AT WILL EMPLOYMENT:
Lowers Risk Group is an “At Will” employer and nothing within the job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Lowers Risk Group reserves the right to modify, interpret or apply the job description in any way the company desires and the job description is not a contract for employment.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.