Who We Are
LUCID is writing the future of music as medicine.
We develop therapeutic music experiences to help promote mental health & wellness across various clinical indications. By unlocking the power of music and AI, we curate personalized music therapy that’s backed by neuroscience.
LUCID’s multidisciplinary team consists of artists, scientists, and engineers. Our respective passions and expertise unite us all at the intersection of music and mental health. We are a human-centric company with a focus on empathy and accessibility. We are currently a fully remote company based in Toronto, Canada.
The ideal candidate has extensive cloud, DevOps, and mobile computing experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have done previous work in audio streaming. Domain expertise in products that require media-based functionalities (i.e., streaming, audio, gaming) and past projects with interactive audio products hosted on cloud servers is a bonus.
Working in a leadership position on the engineering team, this individual will oversee daily engineering operations and the operations engineering team as it pertains to DevOps, QA engineering, full-stack development, and back-end engineering. This individual will be maintaining our cloud-based operations, powering partner client applications (via APIs), and digital therapeutic products. R&D and ML will be managed by a separate team. Experience leading a group is an asset.
As part of LUCID’s team, you will be working on high-impact projects at the intersection of mental health, neuroscience, and AI technology. At LUCID, we take pride in our mission to unlock the full potential of music to improve the human condition, and we’re looking for a VP Engineering that will join us in this exciting work. We offer a high level of autonomy, a stock package, and the ability to work remotely.
Your responsibilities as the VP Engineering at LUCID will be:
- Leading the operations engineering activities and team, including full-stack developers, DevOps engineers, QA engineers, and back-end engineers
- Developing engineering techniques and applying them at scale
- Maintaining coding best practices within the operations engineering team
- Implementing and maintaining data security protocols per LUCID’s Data Security Policy
- Hiring talent related to the operations engineering team’s needs
- Interacting with clients and partners as needed and as it pertains to operations engineering functionality
- Maintaining best-in-class QA standards
- Ability to lead a collaborative team environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with cloud back-ends, DevOps and QA
- Experience with standard cloud computing tools and frameworks (REST, Kubernetes, Flask, Docker)
- Proficiency with Python is preferred
- Experience managing cloud-hosted products at scale
- Experience with standard cloud infrastructure environments
(GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Domain expertise with cloud-based audio streaming and dynamic audio processing will be given preference
- Experience with audio engineering is an asset