Our team is made up of young, international staff from all over the world, although we all speak English at the office. If you have a passion for anime, gaming, or Japanese pop culture in general, you’ll definitely find a friend in us!
But our passions extend beyond our hobbies and into our work – we are a team of self-starters who are driven by results and thrive on new challenges. This also means that we don’t have time for corporate hierarchy or politics, since what you can contribute matters the most. If that sounds good to you – then, we hope you’ll join us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will work on development of several e-commerce related products
- Understand product goals and feature requests and translate them into working software
- Develop server applications using technologies like Elixir and PostgreSQL.
- Properly test and prepare new releases by writing automated tests, doing code reviews and helping introduce new processes that helps maintain a high quality code base.
- Help evaluate and clarify product requirements and provide technical solutions.
- Maintain and improve the existing products
- Contributing to core team processes and to company-wide efforts
- Support and debugging web applications as needed
- At least 3 years of experience as a back-end developer with at least 1 year of experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Elixir (however, most work will involve Elixir)
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as React or Vue
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile development team
- Experience in software testing and test-driven development
- Experience with relational database design and SQL.
- Ability to take the initiative in researching new technologies
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs/GraphQL
- Strong sense of ownership of own work
NICE TO HAVES
While not required, tell us if you have experience with any of the following.
- Experience in cloud technologies like AWS
- Experience in CI, CD technique, and tools
- Experience in setting up Linux servers
- Experience with container, orchestration tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Efficient at writing and profiling/analyzing SQL queries.
- An interest in business and services
NOT IN JAPAN?
We welcome overseas applicants for this position! This position can start off remotely, but we would ultimately aim to help you relocate to Japan after some time. Please note that because our team is based out of Japan, your work schedule would need to align with our office hours (JST).