As a Senior, Software Engineer on the cloud team, you will be part of a team building cloud services to support Magic Leap devices and web-based applications. Our cloud engineers are responsible for their product(s) end to end. You will take requirements from our product team and: refine tasks, develop code, write tests, document, deploy, monitor and support.
- Work with team members in an agile environment.
- Participate in development planning and prioritization.
- Work with other teams to define integration points and contracts.
- Implement clean and well-commented code.
- Write tests that run in the deployment pipelines.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Create and maintain continuous integration processes.
- Implement and respond to system monitoring working with our SRE team.
- AWS, GCP or Kubernetes support environment
- Understanding of cloud architecture: scalability, reliability, isolation, IAM, etc.
- Programming skills in high level languages: preferably Go
- Experience with a variety of database technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL and Redis
- Understanding of containerization such as Docker.
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines.
- An understanding of networking protocols such as: TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP, REST and gRPC
- Proficiency with Git
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
- Experience in private cloud or on-premise deployments is a bonus