Who we are
MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings and saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. In 2015, Fast Company listed us among the top 10 most innovative consumer electronics companies in the world for being “the Dropbox of physical stuff”. Needless to say we have to keep going, well beyond building “YACA” (yet another CRUD app), to make next year’s list. We are taking on the $24B storage industry with a combined product and engineering team of 10 people. We are just getting started.
Where you come in:
- Write, test, document and deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations and unique user experience.
- Create, review and optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create and deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams
- Write code that will perform efficiently and accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design and update RESTful APIs and their documentations.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Our stack includes: a Python/Django/MySQL/RabbitMQ/Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker/Ansible.
- You either have a bachelor’s degree or some professional software engineering experience.
- You’re driven by a desire for deep involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- You aspire to use technology to positively transform the physical world—not get more likes, check-ins, serve more ads or optimize transactions for a big bank.
- You favor the use and contribution to Open Source software.
- With unwavering attention to detail, you appreciate clean, pragmatic, and reusable code.
- You have proven experience building platform applications with Python/Ruby/Java.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company.