mCloud has an opportunity for a full stack software developer with an initial focus on 3D software development for an aerospace defense visualization project. This opportunity is for a US or Canadian citizen working in Southern California or Calgary, Canada. mCloud is one of Canada’s fastest growing tech companies, most recently ranking #57 on the Deloitte Fast 500 List and #2 on the Canada Clean Technology Fast 50 list.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Operate as part of a new team to deliver an aerospace visualization project within mCloud’s software development group, extending mCloud’s AssetCare™ product line.
· The team will refactor an aged Windows application in a new, browser- and container-based architecture suitable for SaaS, and then extend the refactored application with new capabilities.
· The team, with you as an expert, will work closely together to design and develop the new system, following standard agile methodologies. Your team will have considerable leeway in how you work together to deliver high quality results.
· The 3D software developed in this project will be used in other mCloud products, and you will incorporate the new technologies in related applications or move into similar development projects.
· Big picture thinker, someone who can understand challenges and find ways to efficiently solve them.
· Time management and prioritization skills, and an ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Work independently and efficiently, driven to deliver high quality results.
Must have Experience, Education, and Designations:
· At least 5 years—and preferably 10—of full stack development experience, with demonstrated proficiency in multiple areas, including:
o C# and C++
o .NET Core and cross-platform development for Windows and Linux
o Docker Containers
o SaaS development
· Desirable skills and experiences include security models such as OAuth 2.0, 3D programming, SQL, mobile application development, and an interest in aerospace.
· A computer science degree is helpful but not required.
· US or Canadian citizenship is a bonafide requirement due to enhanced security checks due to nature of the assignment.
You are approachable, confident, forward-thinking, and have a winning teamwork attitude. As a self-starter, you multitask and adapt to changing priorities. You are creative in problem-solving and excel in a dynamic work environment. Overall, you navigate and act inclusively and collaboratively in an organization that brings together many different perspectives and skill sets from all over the world.
mCloud is unlocking the untapped potential of energy-intensive assets using IoT, AI, and the cloud. We operate three lines of business, connecting and optimizing assets like HVAC units in commercial buildings, wind turbines in renewable energy, and the control systems at process industry facilities. We’re a global company, headquartered in Calgary with a presence across North America, the UK and continental Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, and China.
Today, we connect and manage over 59,000 energy assets through our AssetCare™️ platform. We help our customers double asset productivity, reduce their asset energy consumption by up to 25%, and triple the speed at which they are able to respond to the unexpected. mCloud helps eliminate about 80,000 tons in greenhouse gas emissions every year – or the same amount of GHG emitted by 18,000 passenger cars on the road.
Solving the world’s most challenging energy problems is hard work – it takes dedicated, talented, and innovative people working together as one team to make it all happen. We are a team, which means “we” comes before “me.” And we are driven to deliver measurable, bottom-line results for our customers everywhere through our technology. We get stuff done and we have fun doing it!
Why you want to join our team:
If you want to be part of an elite team with the ambition to become Canada’s next big unicorn tech company, mCloud is the place for you. We are a team that helps one another succeed and thrive – you will get the autonomy, support, and flexibility you need to be successful from every part of our business.
Why you shouldn’t join our team:
We are busy and fast-paced! We work hard. We are a global company, so our hours are not standard. Sometimes you have to be up early or work late to meet with people in different time zones, but with that comes flexibility.
Our expectations are high. This is not an organization where you can hide or not constantly be driving for results.
No day is ever the same, and most days, you come in with a list of things to do, and then something happens, and you need to pivot.
We do not tolerate people who are only in it for themselves. We are a team, and we are all in the business of helping those around us succeed. We expect and demand nothing less.