Merkle Bulgaria provides global retailers with a single source of expertise, technology, and operational support. We have a proven track record for delivering, managing, and innovating multi-channel commerce platforms for major international brands and retailers, including Adidas, Clarins, and ASDA. Shiseido, and more. Our world-class team has delivered sites for over 35 brands with more than 400 transactional eCommerce sites in 60 locations and on six continents.
As part of a global expansion strategy, the company has set up a critical Sofia technology team of Software Architects, Software Developers, QA Engineers, Project Managers, and Technical Support Specialists. To support this strategy, we are currently looking for talented people for the role of:
Backend Developer with Node.js
What you need to succeed:
- Hands-on experience with microservices (design, development, and deployment) and application scalability and performance.
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs.
- College or university degree with a focus on IT
- Five years of software development experience, with exposure to product development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proficiency in English skills (verbal and written).
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Strong software quality assurance mindset, using tools and best practices, integrated into software delivery lifecycle.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop backend applications based on Microservices architecture.
- Create rich feature APIs and interact with other APIs or event platforms like Kafka.
- Implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Deploy and run cloud-native solutions on Kubernetes clusters.
- Align and evolve team processes and standards.
- Implement code quality assurance process, code review practices, etc.
- Identify and manage product Technical Debt.
- Implement the product release process
Nice to have:
- Frameworks (required): NodeJS, Express, Nest.
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Databases: SQL and NoSQL, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDBhatWhat
- We are huge believers in work-life balance. That’s why we offer all of our employees 25 days of paid leave;
- We recognize strong talent and go above and beyond to attract and retain the best people. That’s why our remuneration packages are among the top on the market;
- We understand that there cannot be a “one size fits all” approach when it comes to benefits. That’s why we have a customizable benefits package that fits your own needs;
- Our teams operate using a hybrid work model, and they can work from both the office and the comfort of their own home;
- Accessible parking spaces for all of our employees when they decide to work from the office;
- Free drinks and snacks in the office to help keep the energy levels up;
- Attend the most popular tech and business events in Bulgaria for free, of course.
Тhаnk you for reading about our role. If you decide to apply, keep in mind that we will be considering candidates who meet our requirements first, then everyone else. If you don’t hear back from us, we may reach out in the future once we have a role that might be a better fit for you.