The Miami HEAT Digital Strategy & Innovation department is seeking a Software Engineer – Back End! We are looking for a low ego, coachable, tenacious individual with a strong work ethic that’s looking for personal growth. The Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing server-side components. This role will require expertise skills on C# and SQL; along with bringing depth of knowledge on algorithms and data structures. The ideal candidate might be architecting new features for our partners, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and monitoring changes through completion in a production environment. This position will require to build REST APIs and automated business processes as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list below:
- Build robust and scalable software in C# and Microsoft SQL Server
- Design and build services and systems architecture for our projects, as well as provide feedback to other team members
- Develop information systems by crafting, developing, and releasing innovative and ascendable software solutions
- Resolve operational feasibility by researching and analyzing problem definition, requirements, proposed solutions and development
- Follow the entire software development lifecycle and provide support from start to finish in an Agile Environment
- Refine, fix, and rewrite code if vital
- Build detailed technical specifications
- Actively connect with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the work you’re doing.
- Collaborate with members of the team to solve challenging engineering tasks on time and with high quality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure Cloud Platform (App Services, Azure Functions, Cognitive Services Search, Azure Cache for Redis, Key Vault, and
- Azure Logic Apps)
- Azure Storage (Queue Storage, Table Storage, and Blob Storage)
- Postman or preferred API Testing application
Education and/or Experience:
- BS Computer Science/MIS/CIS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design
- 5+ years of experience with HTML5, CSS3, C# (.NET Core), and Microsoft SQL
- 4+ years of experience crafting, consuming and maintaining RESTful APIs and SOAP Services
- 4+ years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience using Azure cloud-based services like App Services, Function Apps, Cognitive Service, Azure Cache for Redis, Key Vault, among other.
- 3+ years of experience with CD/CI platforms (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Familiarity working in Microsoft Azure ecosystem environment
- Knowledge in design patterns and its implementation
- Professional and detailed interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with incredible attention to detail, and a desire to work within a fast-paced environment.
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with The HEAT Group Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP