The Miami HEAT Digital Strategy & Innovation department is seeking a Software Engineer – Front End! We are looking for a low ego, coachable, tenacious individual with a strong work ethic that’s looking for personal growth. This role will be responsible for implementing visual and interactive elements that our partners will engage with throughout the web browser when using web applications. The ideal candidate is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to the actual code that will produce the visual elements of the application.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list below:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Resolve operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all users’ inputs are validated before submitting to back-end
- Follow the entire software development lifecycle and provide support from start to finish in an Agile Environment
- Refine, fix, and rewrite code if vital
- Build detailed technical specifications
- Actively connect with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the work you’re doing.
- Collaborate with members of the team to solve daring engineering tasks on time and with high quality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Azure DevOps
- Angular Framework
- NgRx Framework
- Redux Library
- Visual Studio Code or preferred IDE
- Postman or preferred API Testing application
Education and/or Experience
- BS Computer Science/MIS/CIS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with object-oriented design
- 4+ years consuming REST APIs and SOAP Services
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise software
- 2+ years of experience with reactive programming using NgRx, Redux in Angular.
- Familiarity with Azure cloud-based services like App Services, Function Apps, Cognitive Service, Azure Cache for Redis, Key Vault, among other.
- Familiarity working in Microsoft Azure ecosystem environment
- Familiarity with CD/CI platforms (Azure DevOps preferred)
- Knowledge in design patterns and its implementation
- Self-starter with incredible attention to detail, and a desire to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build positive relationships with clients and peers.
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with The HEAT Group Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP