Azure Database for PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB are the newest services added to the family of relational database services provided in Microsoft Azure. We are expanding the choice of database services in Azure and need your help to meet our customers’ demand. Our team is part of Azure Data organization and building the OSS Database managed services on the common platform supporting all relational database workloads and leveraging the scale of our global presence in all Azure datacenters. Our team is responsible for mission critical functions such as High Availability and Data Integrity for databases at Terabytes of scale.
We are looking for strong systems engineers who will help us advance the state of the art in these areas. In this role you will get to learn and contribute to the database systems code base and be mentored by experienced architects. You’ll work on features such as distributed high availability, logging, recovery, storage management, transactions and versioning, read scale and re-think established database structures such as b-trees, heaps, large objects and more.
While working on OSS database engines, this is a great opportunity to – learn how to build a cloud-scale, reliable Data Service, work on hard distributed systems problems and enhance the enterprise class capabilities. You will be working in an environment where innovation is valued and will have an opportunity for direct impact on functionality, security, performance, scalability, manageability and supportability of the Azure PostgreSQL, MySQL and MariaDB services.
Here’s a little introduction to our team:
- We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers.
- We develop, test, and check code in every day.
- We are obsessed with customers and make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
- We look for opportunities to use existing technologies and are at the forefront of Microsoft’s embracing of open source.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or Physics or IT technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or 3+ years of industry engineering experience
- 8+ years’ experience C++/C/C#/Java coding skills
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL or relational database internals and storage systems
- Experience with large scale distributed systems, multithreading and object-oriented programming
- You are creative, innovative, care about your customers and are passionate about learning
- You enjoy collaborating and interacting with like and unlike minds
- You have no fears when it comes to speaking the less popular ideas
- You are happy to help and amplify others around you
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.