Are you fluent in C++? Do you dream in QT/QML? You’re not alone.
At Mirada, we shape the future of Digital TV while living and breathing low-level programming for multiple devices (set-top boxes, tablets, smartphones etc.). Our back-end team is currently on the hunt for an experienced Software Developer to join our team in Madrid, where you will pursue a career in the exciting and ever-changing industry of digital TV among a young and dynamic team of fellow Linux lovers.
What you will do:
Mirada’s Development team in Madrid consists of over 65 highly-skilled employees involved in both front-end and back-end solutions.
The front-end applications are developed mainly on television decoders, but also on mobile and web devices. Our main ‘Iris’ product is currently developed in C++ using QT/QML. Find out more about Iris here.
The back-end is a considerably large system which handles all the existing information on the TV platform. In addition to managing all the information, it is also in charge of the synchronisation between devices and providing the operator with a single point of control and monitoring platform. Find out more about our SDP here.
Iris’ Service Delivery Platform is developed in Java using Spring and Hibernate, and works with Oracle and MySQL databases using Grails and APIs. Communication with clients is with HTTP / REST.
What we require:
- Experience in Software Engineering, preferably Telecommunications.
- Experience in C/C++ development with QT/QML.
- Confident use of development environments such as Eclipse, version controls (CVS/Subversion/Mercurial etc) and incident management tools (like JIRA).
- Ability to analyse, design and be pro-active.
- Good level of both spoken and written English.
- Availability to travel.
- Friendly with a positive attitude to life.
What we would love:
- Telecommunications experience.
- Experience using Oracle or MySQL.
- Experience in deployment of solutions, network dimensioning, Oracle Real. Application Cluster, etc.
- Experience in client-server solutions, HTTP, HTTPs, REST.
What we offer:
- Fixed salary depending on the experience of the successful candidate
- Variable incentives
- Ticket Restaurant
- Health insurance
- Short working hours every Friday and throughout July and August
- English classes
- Flexibility with taking holidays
- Fantastic work environment
- In-office perks such as Fruit Friday
- and much more…
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram for a sneak peek into life at Mirada!
Interested? Send us your CV today!