Engineering Manager, Data Pipeline
We are a New York City-based division of Oracle with a mission to help the world’s top publishers and marketers make smarter advertising decisions through measurement. We help clients measure consumer attention, fight fraudulent internet traffic, and improve their websites, all while promoting privacy-friendly models of advertising. Our analytics software is used by CNN, Condé Nast, Kellogg’s, Procter and Gamble, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
As the data pipeline manager at Moat, you would lead the backend team responsible for making measurement data available to our customers. You would own systems that analyze and aggregate billions of events per day using frameworks like Spark, Kafka, Python Twisted, and Tornado, which help our customers flag malicious bots and unsafe websites. You will strike a balance between writing code, making architecture decisions, developing project plans, inspiring ownership and curiosity in your team, and reviewing their work. You will be responsible for delivering on both engineering and business goals, ensuring reliability and quality in the products you release, and working cross-functionally with other engineering and product teams.
- 6+ years of engineering and management experience
- A track record of owning large engineering projects from conception to delivery
- Fluency in Python (preferred)
- Experience with AWS, Linux, and cloud application architecture
- Experience with any of: databases (Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, etc.), message brokers (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.), compute frameworks (Spark, MapReduce, etc.), web frameworks, and orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)