At Modernizing Medicine, we look for passionate, innovative, creative Rock Stars!
- South Florida Business Journal, Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Magazine Best Workplaces of 2020
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America – 2015 – 2019
- Marketing Campaign of the Year for Telehealth – Business Intelligence Group’s Public Relations & Marketing Excellence Award 2020
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Service (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards® – 2019
- Customer Service Department of the Year (Gold) – Customer Sales and Service World Awards – 2018
Modernizing Medicine is delivering truly disruptive and transformative products and services that will impact the healthcare industry. The work we do makes a difference.
Our web and mobile applications are transforming healthcare information technology to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. We offer end-to-end specialty-specific solutions from practice management, through EMR to Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) that maximize office interactions, patient visits, collections and reimbursements.
Modernizing Medicine is hiring a Site Reliability Engineer who will be responsible for our revolutionary EMR software suite of solutions. You will build and maintain tools, infrastructure, and processes that ultimately improve our uptime record, performance, and scalability of the infrastructure. You will also work hand-in-hand with both software and hardware engineers and architects to ensure that the web platform is always available for millions of users and partners.
You may be a great fit for Modernizing Medicine’s Site Reliability Engineer position IF…
- If you are used to wearing many hats: coder, sysadmin, optimizer, hacker
- If you write single-page scripts that replace thousand-line programs
- If you hear three sentences about a problem and immediately think of a half dozen likely solutions
- If you love taking projects all the way from a vague idea on a whiteboard to a deployment over vast fleets spread across the globe and on the cloud
- If you get systems to click together and start humming
- If it’s not that you try that hard, you’re just that good…
- If you are FEARLESS…
- Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure).
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems.
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns.
- Participate in the 24×7 support coverage as needed.
- Align engineering development requirements with the capabilities of the site infrastructure.
- Establish the administrative protocols that Technical Operations and Software Engineering use throughout the service lifecycle.
- Participate in the design of architectures and automation that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Manage high-traffic, high-availability web services.
- Design, implement, and maintain large-scale distributed services.
Skills & Requirements:
- Good programming skills in Java/Python.
- Experience in thread concurrency, log analysis, and monitoring the environments.
- Experience in JVM related activities like heap dump analysis, garbage collection, caching, etc.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.
- Requires four to five years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience managing Cloud solutions (AWS Preferred).
- Requires strong technical skills, excellent communications and problem-solving skills, and the ability to engage and work well with other teams, as well as individually.
- Excellent understanding of web concepts and technologies.
- Experience with microservices and use/orchestration of containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate, Openshift).
- Proficient in following middleware Infrastructure technology (3+ years):
- Tomcat Application Server
- Federation services /LDAP /SAML Integration
- Load balancer design and operations
- SSL, TLS, proxy pass setup’s
- Tools we use
- Hashicorp technologies (Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul), Ansible
- Atlassian Tools (Jira/Bitbucket)
- Grafana Stack (Cortex, Loki, Prometheus, Grafana)
Modernizing Medicine Benefit Highlights:
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Resource Groups
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement programs and unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, treadmill workstations, quarterly onsite massages, onsite dry cleaning, onsite car wash and many more!