Who we are
Moneris was created as a joint investment between RBC and BMO Bank of Montreal (including Harris Bank) in December 2000. By maintaining the tradition of security and strength of our parent banks, today we are Canada’s #1 processor, and one of North America’s largest.
What you’ll do
The Systems Engineer will provide hands-on experience in design and engineering efforts implementing DevOps Platforms, common set of products and services used across development and infrastructure teams. This includes providing thoughtful leadership on DevOps Platform design, implementation and management, including all necessary tooling.
The individual will collaborate closely with Infrastructure Architecture and Operations, Security, Development, and Business units’ teams and is accountable for the delivery of large-scale through the use of agile methodologies (scrum, kanban), to operationalize technologies, establish technology road maps, and grow the adoption of standards & processes.
- Serve as technical lead for technology projects using agile methodologies, creating user stories, and actively contributing to required ceremonies, including daily stand ups and weekly replenishment.
- Drive the design, management, and adoption of deployment capabilities for containerized applications in private and public clouds (Azure).
- Drive the design and implementation of key Observability and Monitoring solutions, including logging and continuous monitoring and Monitoring as Code.
- Design and implement Containers and a Service (CaaS) and Service Mesh capabilities.
- Design, implement and manage set of common DevOps Platforms, including all necessary tooling.
- Integrate DevOps Platform with authentication, secret and change management services.
- Provide guidance and support for escalated incidents and problems
- Support and operationalize technology standards, processes and policies related to Systems and Cloud.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Software development or Computer engineering required; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a senior technical or engineering position
- Comprehensive Linux skills, including proven hands-on experience deploying and managing DevOps platforms (GitLab, GitLab-CI, Nexus, SonarQube, Kubernetes).
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, firewalls, and server / application load balancing technologies.
- High proficiency in implementing and using Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management (Ansible, Terraform).
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing Cloud Infrastructure and Application Monitoring/Logging solutions (Dynatrace, DataDog, Splunk, New Relic)
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing CaaS (Containers as a Service) Kubernetes/Docker solutions on private and public Cloud Platforms.
- High proficiency in coding/scripting using Python/Go/Groovy/Bash languages.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams using Agile methodology, including SCRUM and KANBAN
- Strong inter-personal, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment
What you get
- Emphasis on Wellness – Meeting Free Fridays (MF2), company-wide holiday closure, just to name a few
- RRSP matching & defined contribution pension plan
- Flexible benefits package starting from day 1
- Thrive in a Hybrid or Remote Model – including a tech peripheral rebate!
- Extensive learning & development programs and resources – plus unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses!
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program), Educational Assistance and Recognition Program
- Employee perk program with incredible discounts for over 2,400 vendors!
- Get involved in one or many of our Moneris Committees and Employee Resource Groups – Inclusive Workplace Council (IWC), Black Employee Network, just to name a few
Note: We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous people, people of colour, people with disabilities, people of all genders, sexual orientation and intersectional identities.