Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Motorola Solution’s Video Division, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI-based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the intersection of computer vision and real-time video analysis. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with features such as Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our innovative cloud service platform.
As a Senior Cloud Architect on the Cloud Services team, you will help us architect and build new features, enhance our existing software, tools, and experiences to help delight our customers by extending our application capabilities and enhancing the existing AI technologies we use. You will help design and build new APIs, web services, and microservices while supporting the worldwide operations of our cloud-based security solutions.
What You’ll Do
You will be part of an engineering organization that will entrust you to architect, design, develop, and maintain various portions of our applications with lots of autonomy while receiving guidance and feedback to help you grow. You will work with our full software stack along with our team of iOS, Android, and Front End, and Back End Engineers who along with you are responsible for evaluating new tools and technologies, building prototypes, and extending the capabilities of our cloud platform. And you will be expected to collaboratively experiment, prototype, take risks, and document your work while helping to build new applications, web services, and tools used by our Cloud Service offerings.
- You have outstanding technical problem-solving, design, and coding skills
- You have 10+ year’s experience writing performant, multi-threaded code in a high-level programming language (i.e. C#, Java, or similar)
- You have 5+ years’ experience developing and deploying web services on cloud based infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure) on a large scale supporting at least 5,000 simultaneous users
- You have developed RESTful APIs used with web browsers, mobile applications, and back-end servers
- You know how to build SQL queries to manipulate data in a database
- You can communicate effectively & persuasively, both in person and in the written form
- You are adaptable, collaborative, and love eliminating ambiguity by figuring things out
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
Experience building Microsoft Windows applications using Visual Studio and have written unit tests using MSTest, NUnit or similar tools
Used tools and written scripts to manage continuous deployment and integration, monitor usage and troubleshooting
Working experience with Cosmos a plus
Familiar with Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo and scanning your code using Fortify or similar tools
Double bonus points if you have experience developing applications that handle IOT events or video data
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience developing and deploying web services on cloud-based infrastructure
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is required. Employer work permit sponsorship is not available for this position
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions’ customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees. These employees are required to submit proof of vaccination to Motorola Solutions and maintain compliance with these requirements.
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.