MY01 is a state-of-the-art medical diagnostic aid for the detection of compartment syndrome. MY01 Inc. was originally founded as the result of a university research project initiated by Dr. Edward J. Harvey, a renowned Montreal trauma surgeon. What initially started as a small team in a research lab at McGill University in 2015, has now transformed into a growth stage med-tech business – and we’re only just getting started.
INTRODUCTION TO ROLE
Based in Montreal, our growing, diverse team specializes in the development of next generation MicroElectroMechanical System (MEMS) sensors used in a variety of medical devices. MY01 Inc. is on a mission to empower healthcare professionals with the ability to pre-empt severe medical conditions, to improve patient outcomes. One of these medical conditions is Compartment Syndrome.
This is an opportunity to be part of a development team of future contributors to IoT in the medical industry. The successful candidate will be working closely in a diverse team of dedicated and enthusiastic engineers, where you will contribute directly to the success and fulfillment of the projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Creates comprehensive solution plans, architectural blueprints and may act as a technical lead to less experienced team members as they develop software solutions;
- Collaborates with team members to determine best practices and requirements for software development and lifecycle;
- Writes code and reviews other developers’ code to ensure that coding standards are being followed and that critical flaws are discovered and remediated before deployment;
- Oversees and supports the coaching and training of team members. Provides technical guidance to developers;
- Actively seeks ways to improve quality and regulatory software processes and interactions;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering or another related field;
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing software applications;
- Experience working on large-scale software projects using Agile development principles.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skill are essential;
- Experience overseeing customized development of processes for multiple projects simultaneously;
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses and errors and overseeing plans to improve them;
- Experience designing secure and safe software systems based upon industry-specific specifications;
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Quick learner, as well as a self-learner to adapt to start-up environment needs;
- Creative personality that is also autonomous, enthusiastic and meticulous;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
MY01’s offices are located in the heart of downtown Montreal with direct bike path access, BIXI bike stands, close proximity to Place Des Arts metro station and multiple bus lines. We are an enthusiastic and energetic group of individuals committed to the success and well-being of our people. All of our permanent employees have access to our Group Benefits Plan and our annual Health and Wellness Allowance. Some of our office perks include smoothies, coffees, bagels and other free snacks and treats at your disposal. Our office breakroom includes a ping-pong and foosball table and our kitchen is fully equipped to prepare your breakfast or lunch. We also host regular [email protected] events at the office and have our very own beer tap installed in our kitchen. What more could you ask for?
If you are looking to start your career with a supportive team, gain valuable work experience and have what it takes to join MY01 Inc., please send us your resume, we would love to hear from you!
MY01 Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to creating a work environment based on mutual respect, hard work and inclusion without bias or discrimination. Our team is made up of people from all backgrounds and walks of life, and each member is valued for what they know and what they can contribute. As a collective we are continuously learning and encourage each other to push our boundaries and make mistakes we can all learn from. Those who do so will get an opportunity to grow with us and share in our success.