The Senior Product Manager is responsible for technical and business aspects of a strategic new product focused around data integration, with key responsibilities including, but not limited to: market research, identification of customer needs and use cases, prioritization, customer satisfaction and usage metrics, cross-functional leadership across the organization, and working closely with software development, data science, sales, and other teams to ensure the organization delivers products and services that uniquely meet the needs of our customers and internal revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
Duties / Responsibilities:
· Analyze and understand market trends, needs, and competitors.
· Holistic product lifecycle management from conception and strategic planning through requirements definition, development, release, and post-release customer and channel support, and satisfaction.
· Development, review, and maintenance of a multi-year roadmap.
· Development, analysis, and sharing of key business and customer satisfaction metrics for your product area(s).
· Competitive analysis and internal competitive education.
· Close collaboration with Marketing and Sales to drive pricing and positioning for your product(s).
· High level of focus on the end-to-end customer experience including collaboration with other teams as necessary to optimize this experience.
· Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
· Manage beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples.
· Ensure products meet business and customer needs and expectations within acceptable time frames.
· Conduct periodic business reviews with senior management.
· Create effective cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization.
· Customer advocacy and evangelism.
· Analysis and proposal of new business and product opportunities to senior leadership.
· Support Sales and other customer-facing teams with product-related training, education, and communications.
· Act as the “mini CEO” of your product, taking responsibility for the success of all business and technical aspects of your product(s), working closely with other teams as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years of software product management experience, with at least 2 years of prior experience with data aggregation and analytics solutions
· Demonstrated experience and acumen with data visualizations
· Combination of both technical and business acumen.
· Strong strategic thinking, leadership, and decision-making abilities.
· Demonstrated success defining, launching, and maintaining successful products.
· Data-driven approach with strong analytical and cross-group collaboration skills to bring the organization to consensus on decisions on both short and long-term product plans.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Deep understanding of product management best practices.
· Sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience.
· Natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative.
· Proactive leader who anticipates and addresses issue and needs.
· Proven ability to work cross functionally to achieve overall business objectives.
· Strong drive for product ownership across all facets of the product(s).
· Willingness to travel (10 – 20% on average)
· Experience with K-12 education technology market
· Experience with and understanding of software development philosophies and methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
· Pragmatic Marketing certification(s)
Normal Working Hours and Conditions: Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Physical Requirements: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting including verbally communicating, seeing and hearing to exchange information and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard. Daily physical functions include standing, sitting and walking for prolonged periods of time and occasionally stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting. The employee may engage in lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling light to moderate amounts of weight up to 25 pounds. The position also requires the operation of office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement.