Summary: As the Senior Software Engineer at Navigate360, you will work to understand and optimize our customer’s experience with our products. You will gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps, generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer product experience and drive growth. By understanding our users, our business and the market, you will form a deep understanding of the customer jobs to be done. Working with a cross-functional team of product owners, engineers, and designers, you will discover the solution, reduce the risk in building it, and deliver it to our customers.
Honest, open, frequent, and clear communication
Honoring commitments and meeting goals and deadlines
Curiosity, passion, and intellect
Supporting, teaching, learning, and succeeding together
Preparation, engagement, responsiveness, and highly efficient use of time and resources
Being the best at what we do
· A passion for technology and cutting-edge tools, approaches, and architectures
· An aptitude for analytical problem solving
· The ability to quickly learn new technologies
· An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
· The ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team environment
· Receptivity to feedback, challenge, and growth
Duties / Responsibilities:
· Serve as subject matter expert for assigned product and opportunity areas
· Collaborate with stakeholders to establish product strategy
· Coordinate with product development team to realize product concepts and bring them to market.
· Act as an evangelist of best practices, both internally and externally.
· Promote a culture of autonomy, transparency and teamwork, while staying very focused on our customers’ drivers of success.
· Adept at analyzing complex systems and identifying novel, innovative approaches to solving difficult problems.
· Measure the impact of your initiatives and report performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
· Effectively communicate and collaborate product focus throughout entire organization including senior leadership, product development teams, sales, professional services, marketing, etc.
· Track results, provide insights, and make recommendations to improve the product for our customers & elevate our engineering practices
· Write clean, readable, well designed, maintainable code & tests
· Participate in code reviews & iterations
· Actively participate as an integral member of a scrum team
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
· Minimum 5 years of professional experience working in Agile environments
· Minimum 2 years of experience in leadership roles on small teams
· Strong skills with Node.js, PHP and Cloud platforms
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
· Open-source project profile (GitHub, etc.) and/or code samples from relevant projects
· Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
· Experience with Docker, Terraform, React, Laravel, Java
Normal Working Hours and Conditions: Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.
Physical Requirements: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting including verbally communicating, seeing and hearing to exchange information and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard. Daily physical functions include standing, sitting and walking for prolonged periods of time and occasionally stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, and twisting. The employee may engage in lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling light to moderate amounts of weight up to 25 pounds. The position also requires the operation of office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement.