As a Senior Full Stack DevSecOps Software Engineer (Software Engineer) who is passionate about shipping code, you will act as senior, lead engineer and provide software development solutions on a team of 10 developers and test engineers working in an Agile environment. You will be part of a team responsible for developing applications to support mission-critical functions for a Federal agency. This is a great opportunity to lead development of dynamic, state-of-the-art software applications utilizing cutting-edge DevSecOps technologies. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI’s mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Leading a software development team including running the daily standups ensuring they are timely, focused, and brief.
- Encouraging full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities.
- Focusing the team to ensure an on-time delivery of the agreed products each Sprint through an iterative development process that is properly focused and controlled.
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specification and development schedules.
- Provide technical leadership and act as a resource for lower-level developers while ensuring that all testing and review activity is properly carried out.
- Analyze functional and system level user stories, tasks and issues and conduct Sprint and Release planning and implements maintenance and feature sprints.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work with the developers and systems engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks.
- Working closely with product owners, stakeholders, business analysts, project managers, and other development teams to define the requirements and to create quality code.
- Assisting with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust and complete FCC Security Clearance ( US citizenship required for this position)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related, equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience with multiple software programming technologies — Java, Angular, Java Script, Sequel.
- 8+ years experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions with increasing team leadership responsibilities.
- 4+ years related development experience in Agile team environment.
- Documented experience leading teams using Agile methodology and working closely with product owners, stakeholders, and project managers.
- Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who can lead a development team.
- Must have experience with presentations to customer and executives at a written and oral level.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related, equivalent experience.
- Helpful to have background in Power Builder, JSP, or Sybase
- Experience working on software development contracts for the Federal government.
- Experience leading large scale IT software development projects.
- Experience with a wide variety of tools and techniques such as Activiti, JUnit, Gradle, Maven, Nexus, MuleSoft, Selenium, Drools, Sonar, Fortify, Cucumber.
- Modern software engineering practices including BDD, continuous integration, continuous deployment, TDD, pair programming, unit testing, refactoring, emergent design, automated builds.
- Database experience such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL.
- DevSecOps experience, to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo, Liquibase, Git, or other AWS certifications.
- Testing experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Scrum Master/SAFe Certification.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.