Neato Robotics is developing technology at the forefront of robotics & artificial intelligence.
Our products are designed to free people from household chores and will change how we all look at housekeeping tasks. Our products, the award-winning Neato family of autonomous robotic vacuums, have set new standards for intelligence, ease of use and cleaning effectiveness. The products have been available in retail and online in the U.S. since 2010, and more recently in Europe and Asia. And they are only the first few of many new products to come.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineers and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in leading startups from early stage to successful multinational enterprises.
We are wholly owned subsidiary of Vorwerk International and headquartered in San Jose, CA. For more information on Neato robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
This position is for a Software QA Engineer to support the development of a consumer robotic product. Position reports to the SQA Manager. Testing will include sensors, mechanisms, and embedded software. Duties include writing and executing manual test cases. Report test summary and status to management. The position involves a substantial portion of “hands-on” work and requires an individual able to work independently with minimal supervision. The cross-disciplinary nature of consumer robotics products requires a candidate with understanding of evaluation of electromechanical (or robotics) systems.
Day to day duties include validating software builds on our current and future platforms. Performing Functional, Performance and Reliability tests. Develop and manually execute test cases. Help design and create simulated real world test environments and scenarios. Identify defects via internal testing tools, video, keen observation, and sound testing methodology. Validate robot’s autonomous navigational performance. Perform design verification tests on post proto-type hardware. Validate laser and sensor performance. Compile and analyze test results.
Work with Software, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineers, as well as Product/Project Mgmt and Marketing throughout the development cycles. Recommend product enhancements. Participate in bug review meetings and the product/software approval process.
- Perform test planning, test development, validation, and improve test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of QA and test related support tasks for internal development team.
- Maintain the quality of test activity and generate documentations and reports.
- Organize test process, result, and data to be scalable.
- Investigate test technique to develop improved test process and the software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product test engineering. (both hardware and software)
- Strong lab skills for analyzing, debugging, and test solution development
- Familiarity with writing test program in C, C++, Python, etc.
- Firmware testing
- Experience with version control solutions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Consumer Background – experience testing consumer electronic devices (mobile phones, hand held, tablets, Cameras, Gaming, GPS, etc)