Netflix is the world’s leading video streaming subscription service, now available in (almost) every country. The Netflix applications are among the most widely used applications on mobile platforms, and run on a wide variety of devices, including phones & tablets but also TVs, set-top boxes and VR headsets.
Join our small team of seasoned engineers and take on this unique opportunity to delight millions of Android and iOS users. If you are a developer, who has the skills and passion needed to build the best video streaming applications on Android and iOS, we want to talk to you! We are looking for senior engineers who have full stack development experience on either Android, iOS or cross platform.
- Design and implement key parts of the Netflix Android and/or iOS applications.
- Work with external partners (OEMs, SoC vendors, Google…) to define and productize the latest video streaming solutions on the mobile platform.
- Develop technical solutions that scale across a wide range of mobile devices.
- Collaborate with Netflix’s adaptive streaming innovation team to track metrics and improve the Netflix quality of experience (QoE) on different network types (cellular, broadband).
- Proficient in Java & C/C++, or objective-c with strong object-oriented design skills.
- Experience with Android SDK, NDK and JNI.
- Great understanding of the mobile framework internals.
- If Android only, expertise with at least one of the following:
– Mobile networking
– EGL and OpenGL ES
– DRM and crypto
- Knowledge of common mobile design paradigms
- Utilize your years of experience to work autonomously and drive results
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent, and at least 6 years of experience
Bonus if you have experience with any of:
- Shipping and maintaining a high-volume Android application, game, or VR experience
- Video streaming protocols (DASH, HLS)
- Cellular protocols
- Android UI
- AB testing