Nook is a construction-tech startup backed by Y Combinator based in Ho Chi Minh City. We match reliable, quality workers with construction projects on demand in Southeast Asia. Founded by two Harvard MBA students and a Vietnamese local with 10+ years of construction experience, Nook is solving the most pressing challenges faced by the construction industry in Vietnam.
We are a small and effective team united by our commitment to making a long-term impact in the Southeast Asia region. More importantly, Nook is a human-centric company. We care deeply about our customers, partners, and team members. It is the source of our competitive edge.
We are looking for a Technical Lead in Ho Chi Minh City, who will report directly to our CEO & Co-Founder.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
- Working directly with our cofounders and users to define the engineering roadmap
- Owning and shipping product features from inception to implementation
- Developing and iterating on software to match workers with construction projects
- Mentoring engineers around you to build a culture of technical excellence
At Nook, you will be part of a small, tight-knit, and highly effective team. We are fast, action-biased, and expect all teammates to be self-starters with a spirit for entrepreneurship.
An ideal candidate for the Technical Lead position hinges on the below qualifications:
- Rockstar Engineer: A builder at heart who loves to write and ship code
- Leader: Be the leader you want to follow
- Bilingual: Fluency in English and Vietnamese (written and spoken)
- Hustler: Previous founder or early employee at a startup; you love to move fast
- User Driven: You empathize deeply with our customers
- Team Player: Highly communicative, helpful, and respectful
Our front-end is a single-page application built on React with a headless CMS (WordPress) for the backend. As a first technical hire, we’re looking for someone to take ownership for our web app. If you think Node/React is a better fit given our technical challenges, let’s do it.
Immediately, we’re looking for a tech lead to manage our development in both an architect, contributor, and managerial capacity. In the long run, you chart your own course – manager or an independent contributor!