Join us for your next big adventure! We are seeking QA Specialists with a range of experience levels – from mid to lead – to join our teams, grow with us, and teach us a few things along the way.
At Nortal we believe in thinking big – creating solutions that have a meaningful, far-reaching impact, whether through better tax systems, improved healthcare, or more convenient e-gov services. Our projects have touched more than half a billion people’s lives worldwide, and we’re just getting started.
In your daily work as a QA Specialist, you will be responsible not only for designing and implementing tests but also for reviewing system requirements and tracking quality assurance metrics, to ensure software runs smoothly and meets clients’ needs while being cost-effective.
You’ll be supported by a great team of other QA Specialists, Developers and Analysts who know their stuff and work towards a common goal.
We would love to see that you:
- Have at least two years of previous work experience as a Quality Assurance Specialist
- Have experience with functional testing
- Perceive the big picture as well as spot the details in it
- Understand caching, REST, SOAP, XML, SQL databases, Unicode, and character sets, Atlassian (JIRA and Confluence)
- Have a basic understanding of Java to investigate issues down to the code level
- Have basic skills with Postman or equivalent to REST API interfaces
- Show interest in data exchange protocols and standards
- Are fluent in Estonian & English language
Nice to have:
- knowledge of different testing methods (white box testing, performance testing, stress testing, automated testing)
- belief and thrive in test automation
- experience in setting up and maintaining test environments, providing (technical) client support if needed, and taking ownership over solving arisen issues
We offer you:
- Interesting, innovative, and challenging work, having a unique impact on the entire society
- Great career opportunities with constant improvement, high-quality training to develop skills and gain new experiences
- An opportunity to grow and learn by being part of Nortal’s active and inspiring QA community with over 200 global advocates
- Opportunity to contribute to decision-making – people in charge are in the next room and the doors are always open
- People-oriented atmosphere. We strive to create an environment where people can feel comfortable
- Lunches with the team, participation in Nortal’s legendary events, team-building and trips, conferences, and room for spontaneous ideas and joint activities
- We hire people not only for their skills but also for cultural fit. We live by our values: commit to delivering value and results, take ownership, empower self and others, and own your future and growth. Besides our professionalism, we like to spice things up with good humor.
- We care about your growth & development. In Nortal we support constant improvement and knowledge sharing via Learning Hives. In addition to the external and internal trainings, we have 1 day per month for self-learning, a mentorship program, and strong 1:1 culture.
- We prioritize your health & well-being by providing a flexible package for health insurance, sports or massage services. We offer unlimited access to mental health professionals via the MinuDoc platform.
- We support your work-life balance and provide flexible working hours.
It’s your choice whether you want to work from the office or remotely. In Estonia, we have offices in Tallinn and Tartu, but with our Work From Anywhere program you have the freedom to work where you work best, and Nortal will help to cover the cost of ergonomic furniture for your home. We have also launched the Nortal Nomad program for people wanting to move short-term to some other country.
- We offer 2-5 extra vacation days per calendar year based on your tenure at Nortal.