The Principal Software QA Engineer will be responsible for developing and lead test strategies and automation for NSC’s Software platform and IoT products. This person will also be desired to play the role of scrum for the respective project and be responsible for releases with production quality. Must be willing to collaborate and help others on the team as necessary and be a solid team player. Person will work with smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work in areas of home automation, security and control. Person will be interacting with product management, tech leads and customers on the bleeding edge of technology to understand detailed requirements and create brand-new products for the market.
- Create test plan and test cases
- Develop and lead unit and functional tests
- Develop and lead Test Automation for products
- Work with SW development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture & implementation
- Work with Product managers to understand the product requirement & acceptance criteria
- Be a scrum master and responsible for product meeting acceptance criteria in timely manner with quality
- Drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity, continuous improvement, and evidence-based decision making in the organization.
- Other Duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 7+ years experience in QA testing experience of device software, cloud applications, webapps
- BS/MS in computer science or computer engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing one or more of the following: Software as a service, API interfaces, databases / data stores, Analytics
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems or relational/NoSQL databases
- Experience using testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine and Cucumber
- Strong knowledge of Automation Frameworks such as JUnit, Chimp, and Selenium
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and Application issues
- Experience in Agile Methodologies and successful track record as a scrum master
- Coding experience in Java, C or C++ is a plus
- Demonstrated competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems
- Ability to learn new frameworks and new environments
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer (estimated 80%-100% of the typical workday) and other office equipment
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a computer workstation for an extended period of time, with the ability to move between office and working lab considered to be approximately 100% of the workday.
About Nortek Security & Control
Nortek Security & Control is the leader in wireless Security, Home Automation and Personal Safety systems and devices. With more than 4 million commercial, residential, and personal systems deployed, and more than 20 million connected wireless devices, our service provider and dealer partners, as well as our end-customers, trust us countless times a day to protect what matters most and make their lives easier. We are transforming the Security, Smart Home, Personal Health and Wellness markets with our trusted brands: 2GIG, Linear, Numera and GoControl.