Cyber Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 19019820
Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Description: Cyber Software Engineer
Join Northrop Grumman – Xetron, part of Mission Systems sector, focused on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe.
Remember when you were eager about getting to work because of the excitement of the challenge, the importance of the solution, and the fun you had with your team? Xetron is that kind of place! As a small Operating Unit of the larger Northrop Grumman Corporation located in Cincinnati Ohio, Xetron is a rare example of a company with a small business culture operating collaboratively with its larger business entity. This unique relationship offers employees the ability to literally know everyone at the site at a personal level while still working on technologies and products that are beyond state-of-the-art. You’ll get the opportunity to wrestle with the next big problems in an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation, sharing your expertise with team members at all levels.
We are seeking cleared or clearable Cyber Software Engineers in a variety technical disciplines who are self-motivated and energetic with a background in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
Reverse Engineering and Communications
This position involves developing solutions to national security threats with products that may involve kernel development, reverse engineering or vulnerability research of network and communication systems. The position requires solid software development skills including a familiarity with scripting languages. Knowledge of computer networking, modern software development environments, embedded programming, and software configuration management tools is a plus.
This discipline includes:
– Kernel Mode (Windows, Linux) programming (C/C++, Assembly)
– Reverse Engineering (x86, x64, MIPS, PPC, or ARM)
– Vulnerability Analysis
– Network Programming (C/C++)
– Network protocols TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
This position involves developing embedded solutions for Cyber and Electronic Warfare systems encompassing firmware components and hardware reverse engineering. The position requires developing embedded programs in C/C++ for Linux systems and drivers. This discipline includes:
– Embedded programming on Linux/RTOS (C/C++)
– Hardware Reverse Engineering
– Knowledge of RF/SDR communications
This position involves working with various multi-disciplined product development teams to develop software systems and tools, participate in technical reviews and provide customer support. This position requires developing user interfaces using languages such as C/C++, Java, Angular, PHP, Python and Ruby on Rails. This discipline includes:
– GUI development (C++, Java, Qt)
– Web development (Java, Angular, Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python)
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications:
– B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 2 years of relevant work experience OR M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 0 years of relevant work experience.
NOTE: 4 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for the degree
– Demonstrated software programming experience in C/C++ or Java
– Experience with SDLC (software development life cycle)
– Experience with a debugging or system analysis tool (i.e. Wireshark, IDAPro, OllyDebug, WinDBG, JTAG debuggers)
– US Citizen and ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance
– Active Top Secret security clearance
– Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
– Experience in software development to include any of the following: kernel mode, embedded, command and control, web applications, network applications
– Familiarity with Assembly Languages (x86, x64, MIPS, PPC, or ARM)
– Experience developing software for multiple operating system environments
– Experience with virtual machine technology
– OS Internals experience
– Development of lower level networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
– Understanding of return oriented programming (ROP) concepts and execution
– Ability to develop and implement shell code
– Ability to understand secure / insecure programming concepts (format string vulnerabilities, heap overflows, etc.)
– Familiarity with common source control tools (git, Mercurial, etc.) and automated build system workflows (Jenkins, Go, etc.)
– Experience with the Agile methodology
This position offers the option of a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.