Can you imagine yourself being an integral member of a team that is building state-of-the-art software products using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning or Speech recognition? You are at the right place.
We are Nuance (now part of Microsoft), and currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our new product DAX – Dragon Ambient eXperience.
In this role you would be in a position of influencing the direction this new product is taking. If you are innovative, not afraid of trying new things, curious and able to get things done in a timely manner, we would like to talk to you. Whilst in this position a solid software development experience is required, we would need you to be able to learn new things as business needs are shaping. No specific programming language or tooling knowledge is required, and it is assumed that you will be able to pick up our toolset on the job.
The focus of this position is around the backend infrastructure of the new product. Previous experience in designing or working on cloud services or other highly scalable & reliable software is a plus. Continuous deployment is one of the explicit project goals. To support that, some experience with infrastructure as code and/or QA automation of service infrastructure would also be desirable.
You will be working with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team in an international company as part of Microsoft, who also is our strategic partner on this program. The team designing the new product is currently located in Vienna, Austria and Boston, USA. Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both in written and spoken English is a must. Experience working with a distributed team is a plus.
While successfully delivering on our commitments, it is also very important to us that we have some fun along the way. Within our team we regularly do team building activities, equip our office space with private gaming consoles and generally try to find the local optimum on the work-life balance curve.
- B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Years of experience: 8+
- Strong Software Design / Development background
- Strong high-level programming language skills (e.g. Java, C#, Kotlin or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
You might also have:
- Experience with the unique challenges of healthcare
- Experience working in distributed team locations
- Experience working on cloud service or other highly available products
- Experience with containerized software solutions and Kubernetes (e.g. Helm Charts)
- Experience with (best case cloud-hosted) infrastructure design, CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code (e.g. terraform or ARM)
Find out more about our unique groundbreaking technology: