Location: Nureva Inc., Calgary
The software products group at Nureva is constantly growing, and we are currently looking for a highly motivated full-stack Senior and Intermediate Software Developer to join our team. If you are passionate about developing across all layers of innovative cloud-based solutions, including rich interactive web applications, cloud services, and supporting API’s, come work with us!
At Nureva you will be involved in the development of concepts, innovative design, and delivery of solutions right through to completion. You will work with a diverse team of developers, designers, and product managers who are passionate about technology, user experience and market success.
We strive to create experiences with a human-centered approach to design. Our multidisciplinary professionals work collaboratively to push the boundaries of what is technically possible and develop applications for the global markets. The entrepreneurial environment at Nureva appeals to self-driven, flexible team players who are creative, learn quickly and aren’t afraid to tackle hard problems.
- Design and develop new features across all application layers in the product
- Research new technologies and bring forward new ideas to support the business
- Perform full life cycle feature development
- Deliver products from requirements through design, implementation, and release using a continuous delivery approach based on automated, repeatable and reliable releases
- Work closely with other talented developers, UX, and QA in a collaborative Scrum team
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Skilled at developing responsive user interfaces
- Experience developing real-time and/or RESTful API services
- Experience with developing enterprise-level features including Single Sign On is an asset
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Senior role: 7+ years of relevant work experience including server-side and web development
- Intermediate role: 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Thrive on the unknown and always interested in your next challenge
- Excited about learning and proactive about picking up new technologies
- Creative and a natural ability to solve problems
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- Experience with all parts of the development life cycle
- Ability to work within an agile process and a rapidly changing environment
- Passion for championing best practices and ensuring high-quality code by providing technical leadership and mentorship to other developers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- We offer a competitive total compensation package, an open and collaborative office in downtown Calgary and a great team environment.
Please outline how you will make a difference being part of our team. If we select you for an interview, we will spend time helping you understand the role and our company to ensure that we are a good fit for you.