o·da·ia | ‘oh-day-yeah Ancient Greek word that means “that for which a merchant travels”.
Check out our cool deck: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEwkoWp1B4/pNcObsmvhKvkM61IWu3IFA/view
ODAIA helps pharma sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our enterprise SaaS product MAPTUAL serves some of the most recognized Fortune 500 life sciences companies. By incorporating data and AI predictions in powerful ways, MAPTUAL’s users understand their customers (healthcare professionals, patients) on a deeper level and cater to their health needs more effectively.
Odaians (what we call ourselves) are inspired to reinvent the future of how non-technical people leverage data in their day-to-day. We are passionate about solving complex problems in data, AI, engineering, design, and product, so our customers don’t have to. We live by the notion that “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”. And making simplicity scalable is an even bigger challenge. That’s why we have a crazy talented team led by serial entrepreneurs, tech veterans, and life sciences experts.
As the Senior Machine Learning Operations Engineer, you’ll manage an Agile team dedicated to developing, optimizing, delivering, and improving machine learning applications and systems. You’ll participate in the detailed technical design, development, and implementation of machine learning applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you’ll serve as a technical lead, guiding machine learning architectural design decisions, developing and reviewing model and application code, and ensuring high availability and performance of our machine learning applications.
What You Will Do
- Lead, teach and grow a team of Machine Learning Engineers so they are productively engaged
- Help formulate technical vision and strategy for the machine learning systems that power ODAIA’s product
- Provide machine learning methodology technical leadership
- Analyze complex datasets to derive insights that can be used to improve our product and ultimately improve business outcomes
- Design and build systems that integrate into sales and marketing interfaces and align with corporate data lakes
- Work with Backend and Frontend engineers to ship features relying on ML predictions
- Work cross collaboratively with product managers and designers to improve and define product scope and design
- Mentor other engineering team members through code reviews, pair programming etc
- Create automated alarming and dashboards to monitor data integrity
- Act as the authority for the data structure and usageProvide support for projects including analysis, querying, coding, visualization, modeling, and deployment
- Scope and deliver novel data technologies that tackle business problems from idea to deployment with monitoring of performance
- Design and deliver data architectures for experimental and production consumption between ML and software engineering
What You Bring
- Technical education in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience (Masters degree or higher preferred)
- 5+ years of work experience in developing engineering solutions for Machine Learning and Data Science applications with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
- 2+ years leading and growing high performance engineering teams
- Experience developing performant, resilient, and maintainable code3+ years of experience with data gathering and preparation for ML modelsExperience developing and deploying ML solutions in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- 3+ years of experience building production-ready data pipelines that feed ML models
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
What We Offer
- You will be working in a startup culture and highly product driven environment, with tremendous growth and unique learning opportunities
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- Tremendous growth trajectory and endless learning opportunities
- Inclusive environment providing great balance for personal and family life
- Top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services
- Flexible working hours. We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock.
We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results
- An open and flexible vacation policy. Our employees can take what they want, when they want it – as long as they get their work done, get the time approved and get things covered while they’re away. One of our core values is trusting and respecting each other, and this policy is just one of the ways we show it
- Stock option grants
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with frequent in-person collaborative work sessions and social gatherings. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
Accomodations & Accessibility
Accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of our hiring process.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
As an equal opportunity employer, ODAIA is committed to creating an environment that respects diversity and inclusion. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.