Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer, Senior
Reports to: Director, Application Management
We believe in better.
We believe that better culture, better benefits, and better solutions lead to achieving the best results. We help companies WIN by engaging their employees, partners, and customers with our future-proofed travel and events, incentives and recognition, and marketing services programs. Bottom line: workplace engagement is kind of our thing!
We practice what we preach.
A rewarding workplace isn’t just for everyone else– it’s for us as well! Our employees are the center of our workplace solar system, and we know that the greatest way to boost our company, is to invest in our employees, first. We’re proud of the work we deliver and the people who make it happen. Anyone can give you good. We are ready to give you better. Join our team and achieve your best with us!
What You’ll Love About Us
Great Company Culture. Our values don’t sit on a shelf collecting dust, we use them in all we do! They’re so awesome, we even created an employee recognition program surrounding them. Ask us about it!
Rest and Relaxation. 3 weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, paid personal days, and 1 full day dedicated to serving your community.
Make an Impact. We care about your growth and development! Your ideas and voice are important to us, regardless of your position or background.
Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision. Employee health is one of our top priorities! We offer a free health and wellness program, and we reimburse a portion of your gym fees (ask us about this!).
Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, and both legal and life insurance.
Educational Benefits. Interested in furthering your professional development? We can help cover some of the costs!
Give Back. Opportunities to get involved through our donation platform, One10 Cares.
Flexible Work Models. In-office, work-from-home, or hybrid, depending on position and location.
The Quality Assurance Engineer, Senior plays a critical role in our Digital department collaborating with the Scrum Master, User Experience Architects, Engineers, and Product Owners to ensure that One10 products and platforms meet business requirements and are of high quality. The Quality Assurance Engineer, Senior is responsible for designing, writing, and performing automated and manual testing. Additionally, they must understand and successfully utilize the QA automation strategy and standards, including processes, frameworks, and tools.
Scope of Work
· Analyze and translate business requirements and technical specifications into functionally sound test plans and cases to validate Digital applications
· Produce quality testing deliverables (Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Conditions Matrices, Test Data, Test Scripts and Test Status and Defect Reporting)
· Develop modular, reusable, and maintainable automated tests to be integrated into the automation framework
· Perform manual testing where required, writing basic to complex SQL queries to verify data
· Document testing results, troubleshoot and escalate issues and risks
· Participate in the defect management process and track defects through to completion, including collaborating with Engineers, Product Owners, and User Experience Architects
· Coordinate quality assurance tasks within the Scrum team for junior Quality Assurance Engineers, including offshore resources. Provide support and mentoring in collaboration with offshore management
· Effectively communicate status to the team; anticipate delays and obstacles and escalate as appropriate
· Assist with and support the test automation strategy and standards including processes, frameworks, and tools. Participate in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test automation is promoted and applied effectively across teams
· Maintain a proactive approach to learning, utilizing new technologies and proposing ideas and improvements to products and process
· Successfully handle multiple, concurrent testing projects
· Perform other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applies advanced experience and knowledge to accomplish more advanced processes and business problems. Has upper level skills and abilities, and beginning to perform more varied and complex problems, processes, analytics.
· Bachelor’s degree with a technology emphasis, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 7+ years of experience within the Quality Assurance space, developing test plans and cases, executing test cases, documenting, and tracking test results
· 5+ years hands-on experience in developing, maintaining, and supporting automated testing. Experience, experience with Selenium is preferred.
· 3+ years of experience with writing and executing Microsoft SQL queries; including the ability to create, load and manipulate data
· Experience in manual and automated testing
· Experience in Agile development practices and Scrum methodologies
· Experience integrating automation into CI/CD tools
· Experience in SaaS solutions is preferred.
· Knowledge of web-based testing; mobile application testing.
· Hands-on experience with at least one object-oriented language, such as C#, Java, Python, Ruby
· Experience testing multiple browser and platform configurations
· Experience in various testing types such as black box, white box, functional, GUI testing, system, regression, integration, database, UAT and Performance testing
· Strong communication skills – business writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-sufficient, highly motivated, resourceful individual
· Demonstrated ability to manage and organize Quality Assurance deliverables and tasks on multiple projects concurrently
· Experience in supporting and mentoring junior Quality Assurance Engineers is preferred
Decision Making, Complexity, and Impact
Exercises independent judgement on moderately complex areas. Decisions have moderate impact in assigned area and requires coordination across other areas.
Teamwork and Leadership
Regularly takes informal leadership role during team meetings and/or projects. Works under minimal supervision and may provide work direction and/or training to lesser experienced employees.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.