Location: Remote Canada
Business Team: Digital Transformation
We are seeking a Cloud Data Engineer with expertise in AWS and/or Azure to join our Technology Consulting team. You will engage with a variety of different clients and amazing development teams to gather requirements, analyze, and consult with clients to lay a solid data foundation to perform robust analytics to achieve sustainable growth. You will have the opportunity to work on different assignments to build your technical skills and expertise in ETL and BI as well as expand your consulting skills. You are a team player who has a desire to learn and grow in your career and help others do the same.
What you’ll do:
- Interact with clients and business users and analyze complex business requirements.
- Ingest and Process data from various sources in raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured format into Big Data ecosystem in both real-time, batch, and historical.
- Planning, designing, integrating and implementing complex solutions in Azure or AWS Cloud.
- Apply analytical and problem-solving skills to recognize and identify issues and take proper action to resolve them.
- Provide hands-on experience in tuning ETL jobs to reduce run-time and increase efficiency through code and architecture changes.
- Provide direction on data-related process controls, data-mapping, data lake, data warehouse, and ETL processes and tools.
What we’d like:
- 5+ years of professional experience in Cloud-based data engineering
- Experience with tools such as AWS Lambda, Amazon Kinesis, AWS redshift, Amazon RDS, PostgreSQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Azure Synapse.
- Experience with Python or PySpark.
- Strong SQL Skills.
- Infrastructure as code with tools such Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- BI tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, QuickSight, Microstrategy.
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize and carry out multiple tasks
- Well-developed analytical skills, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing architectures, core concepts, methodologies, and best practices.
- Experience with ETL tools, such as Ab Initio, Informatica, IBM DataStage, SAP Data Services and Microsoft SSIS is an asset.
- Experience with Machine Learning and AI is an asset.
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies.
- A passion for data.
Why Work with Us?
Our story began in 1986 in Winnipeg, Canada, where our CEO grew a small team of University friends into an award-winning Digital Transformation and Cybersecurity consultancy with over 350 team members across North America and EMEA. We have the stability of a larger company but the heart of a small company, even as we continue to grow. We have been on the “Best Workplaces in Canada” list for the past 15 years and you’ll understand why when you read what our team members say on Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-Online-Business-Systems-EI_IE373050.11,34.htm).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as:
- Professional Development budget and time
- Tech-enablement program for home use
- Career Mentor to help you grow in your career
- RRSP/401K match program
- Bonus programs to reward you for your accomplishments
- Wellness program to keep you healthy
- Opportunities to connect – book clubs, games nights, Special Interest Groups, “Coffee & Code” for our developer friends, Team Meetings, and much more
Online firmly believes in respect, equity, and equality and in providing EVERYONE equal opportunity to apply and succeed in their role. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.