Location: Remote Canada
Business Team: Digital Transformation
If you are a Software Developer with a passion for consulting and motivated by learning new technologies, collaborating with team members, and developing software solutions that our clients love to use, we need you! As an Onliner, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow and we will be there to support and encourage you along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Solve our clients’ business problems by using a variety of technologies to develop systems that are well-architected and meet the clients’ needs.
- Analyze projects to determine feasibility and create time estimates.
- Design, code, and test systems for our clients.
- Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams, and designs specific to users, application systems, and technical requirements.
- Assist with identifying and establishing tools, operating environments, design, and development standards.
- Recommend improvements for development and system maintenance processes and identify technical considerations in project planning, risk mitigation, task identification, estimating, and task dependencies.
What we’d like:
- 5+ years of experience in Java Framework
- Must have experience with AWS and or Azure
- Experience in web application frameworks.
- Experience in web services.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Knowledge of SOLID design principles.
- Experience with unit tests and mocking frameworks.
- Understanding of database technologies and performance tuning.
Why Work with Us?
Our story began in 1986 in Winnipeg, Canada, where our CEO grew a small team of University friends into an award-winning Digital Transformation and Cybersecurity consultancy with over 350 team members across North America and EMEA. We have the stability of a larger company but the heart of a small company, even as we continue to grow. We have been on the “Best Workplaces in Canada” list for the past 15 years and you’ll understand why when you read what our team members say on Glassdoor (https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-Online-Business-Systems-EI_IE373050.11,34.htm).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as:
- Professional Development budget and time
- Tech-enablement program for home use
- Career Mentor to help you grow in your career
- RRSP/401K match program
- Bonus programs to reward you for your accomplishments
- Wellness program to keep you healthy
- Opportunities to connect – book clubs, games nights, Special Interest Groups, “Coffee & Code” for our developer friends, Team Meetings, and much more
Online firmly believes in respect, equity, and equality and in providing EVERYONE equal opportunity to apply and succeed in their role. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.