The Open Technology Solutions Senior Software Developer is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, enhancement, and support of high-availability, secure, financial-oriented Internet/web-based applications. The individual in this role will be an independent worker, a self-starter with excellent communications skills who is able to work closely with OTS end users, database and system administrators, management, and other programmers. The individual in this role is responsible for oversight and quality control of the output of a team of four to six other developers, meeting development deadlines with assigned tasks, assisting with mentoring junior staff, and remediating issues as they occur.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Work with end-users and all areas of the company to ensure that requested applications are clearly designed, easy to use, self-explanatory, and fulfill user needs
o Demonstrate experience in web application development and ability to provide high-quality and timely delivery
o Has working knowledge of Web Services and TCP/IP protocols
o Ability to design and implement SQL databases, with experience using Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
• Support end-user testing staff and provide rapid remediation services.
• Deploy release code to production environments according to company change control and version control procedures.
• Consistently exhibit strong communication and trouble-shooting skills.
• Support production environment, including handling infrequent off-hours support tasks.
• Lead and mentor lower level developers
• Document OTS software systems.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the “Team Lead”.
• Qualified candidate must have 5+ years programming experience.
• Oracle and SQL server database experience a plus.
Standards of Performance:
• Professional representation of Open Technology Solutions.
• Job knowledge/timely, accurate and efficient performance.
• Adherence to OTS’s policies and procedures.
• Promotes and ensures the highest level of quality service.
• Confidentiality of all records.
• Timeliness of meeting regulatory guidelines and requirements mandated for implementation.
• Success in meeting individual, departmental, and corporate goals
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary range between $100.000.00(min) and $136,493.00 (max)
• In addition, this position is eligible for an annual bonus eligibility with a target payout of 10%, based on company and individual performance.
• The OTS Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan with fully vested matching, PTO, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid bonding leave, paid pregnancy leave, holiday pay, student loan paydown program, tuition reimbursement, loan discounts, service anniversary bonuses, recognition program. employee referral program, and employee activities.
Dog Friendly Office