OpenText has a vibrant software development organization that provides a customer communication management (CCM) solution that is proven to improve the customer experience and make customer interactions more profitable. It allows business users to create the communications for connected customer journeys using the delivery formats and channels customers prefer.
We are looking for talented, experienced software quality assurance developers to join the OpenText CCM Product Development organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to directly support our product and our customers by addressing customer issues and requests. You will work across the entire software lifecycle of these products—from design, development, testing and through release—using a variety of languages. We are an agile development team with close cooperation across development, quality assurance, documentation, and project management. If you have a passion for technology, you could be a good fit.
You are great at:
· Being passionate about software development at all levels: architecture, design, implementation, test, and deployment.
· Reviewing user stories to develop and execute test plans.
· Designing extensible test harnesses for easy modification, scalability, and usability.
· Decomposing work into tasks that can be completed in days rather than weeks or months as a part of Scrum’s framework.
· Identifying and automating regression test cases with an eye towards the smallest effective set of automated tests.
· Identifying and documenting software defects through exploratory testing.
What it takes:
· Must Have:
o Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, information systems or related fields.
o Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a development or quality assurance environment.
o Strong proficiency in at least one common development language (C/C++, Java, .Net, Python).
o In-depth knowledge of automation tools.
o Experience in test requirement analysis, test scenario design and implementation.
o Flexibility to move across different languages, technologies, and frameworks.
o Must thrive in new product environments – those that frequently change and have time constraints.
o Must love to ship products – and the pressure associated with it – not just work on software.
· Nice to Have:
o Knowledge of Agile or Scrum development methodologies.
o Extensive Java experience.
o Familiarity with some or all of the following technologies:
o Application Servers: JBOSS, Wildfly, Weblogic, Websphere
o DBMS: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
o Experience developing with Word (VSTO, .NET, COM).