In order to take our government business to the next level we are looking to hire Software and DevOps Engineers to join our Public Sector team. These candidates will work on developing, adapting, and extending our commercial software products to fit the needs of our government customers.
At Orbital Insight, we work in cross-functional Agile teams, exploring how geospatial data, data science, AI/deep learning, computer vision, and intimacy with user needs can create entirely new products that give novel insights about what we are doing on and to the earth. Our pioneering products help people answer questions that cannot be answered today.
If you had a “Macroscope” that could survey the entire earth every day what would you look at with it? … New construction in China? Fracking in Texas? Deforestation in Indonesia? New island construction in the South China Sea? When the US economy hits an inflection point in an economic cycle what moves first? New home sales? Mall shopping? Hours worked at the nation’s factories? … What if you could see the entire earth every day and track all of these factors in near real time?
As a member of our technical staff, you’ll be working on our cloud-based systems that ingest a wide variety of data, run advanced machine learning algorithms on that data, use data science techniques to discover trends and detect anomalies, and allow users to ask questions and get answers – and do it all at scale with ever-increasing amounts of data.
We value experienced engineers who already have a breadth of experience in multiple areas — databases, devops, machine learning, API design, and more — and are eager to learn new areas and new technologies.
If all this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to meet you.
- Participate in all technical aspects of a project, from customer needs assessments and technical requirements to software architecture and implementation to deployment and maintenance
- Provide software design and perform software implementation for enterprise-scale, mission-critical, production software in areas such as web services, databases, user interfaces, user management, API design, and more
- Participate in small and tactical development teams using agile development principles, including release planning, sprint planning, product and sprint backlog grooming, and standups
- Collaborate with others across the company, such as our machine learning or product teams, and with other partner organizations
- Participate in customer meetings to present and discuss technical plans and milestones
Our ideal candidate will have most of these qualifications:
- +5 years of experience in software development or devops roles in high-security environments and/or US government systems
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computer science, operations research, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of best practices for cloud-based software development using a microservices or event-driven architecture, including development, deployment, and monitoring
- Experience working with C2S or other secure network and cloud platforms
- Experience with multiple languages, especially Python
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Some experience with one or more of the following: data science, machine learning, computer vision, geospatial workflows, image processing, security/IA assessment
- Current TS/SCI clearance required
This position will be based in our Arlington, Virginia office but may require some work at customer sites in the DC area. Occasional travel to corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, California may be required.
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.