Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
In addition to the Paperpile app, we have recently introduced a new product BibGuru for students. We are signing up thousands of new students every day.
WHY WORK FOR PAPERPILE?
- As part of a small team, everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
- Work from anywhere on your own schedule. As a remote-first company, we communicate with tools like Slack, Figma, and Notion to move our product forward fast.
- Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer, or medieval history. You interact with them directly to understand how we can make their work more productive.
Our backend infrastructure stores, processes, and searches hundreds of millions of academic articles. We use Node.js, TypeScript, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and AWS.
You will take responsibility for substantial parts of our codebase to provide a fast and reliable backend for all our products (web, mobile, desktop).
- You can work independently and write clean, reusable, and testable code.
- You can work and communicate within a Scrum team and produce production-ready code efficiently and on time.
- You have worked on data-heavy applications before and have experience with the required database and backend technologies.
- You can design and implement REST APIs.
More useful experience (optional):
- React Native
- Browser extensions (Chrome/Chromium, Safari, Firefox, …)
- Native iOS and Android development
- AWS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Linux
- Background in research or academia
- Base compensation $45,000-$85,000 based on the level of your experience
- Bonus/equity program.
- 4 weeks paid vacation + local holidays.
- We sponsor co-working spaces in your city.
- Learn and grow. Try out new things. We sponsor relevant courses, seminars, and conferences.