Paperpile helps researchers to find, organize, read, and write academic papers.
In addition to the Paperpile app, we have recently introduced a new product BibGuru for students. We are signing up thousands of new students every day.
WHY WORK FOR PAPERPILE?
- As part of a small team, everything you do matters. You only work on stuff that has a direct big impact on the product and our customers.
- Work from anywhere on your own schedule. As a remote-first company, we communicate with tools like Slack, Figma, and Notion to move our product forward fast.
- Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer, or medieval history. You interact with them directly to understand how we can make their work more productive.
You will take responsibility for substantial parts of our codebase and develop and ship new features and products.
- You can work independently and write clean, reusable, and testable code.
- You can work and communicate within a Scrum team and produce production-ready code efficiently and on time.
- You have a deep understanding of core web technologies (REST APIs, CSS3, HTML5, …)
- You have experience with Node.js and the ecosystem around it (Express, Babel, Webpack, Jest, Yarn,…)
- You have experience with React and have worked on large React-based web apps before.
More useful experience (optional):
- React Native
- Browser extensions (Chrome/Chromium, Safari, Firefox, …)
- Native iOS and Android development
- AWS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Linux
- Background in research or academia
- Base compensation $45,000-$85,000 based on the level of your experience
- Bonus/equity program.
- 4 weeks paid vacation + local holidays.
- We sponsor co-working spaces in your city.
- Learn and grow. Try out new things. We sponsor relevant courses, seminars, and conferences.