In this role, you have the opportunity to participate in innovative projects where you will boost our innovations by enabling the creation of value out of our big data collections. You will be asked to bring in your expertise in the field of healthcare informatics, architecture and big data handling to support our teams in creating breakthrough innovations.
You are responsible for
- Create the architecture for complex platforms and/or applications;
- Analyze latest technologies and their innovative applications and bring these insights and best practices to Philips;
- contributing to roadmaps & blueprints by leveraging new technologies and existing Philips platforms;
- Drive architecture engagement models and be an ambassador for partnership with a broad variety of stakeholders within Philips, external stakeholders/projects and external vendors;
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders;
- Technically lead large and varied project teams, be the technical conscience in complex projects;
You are a part of
When you walk into work you will be joining a truly entrepreneurial team all passionate about defining the future, growing the business and having fun.
At Philips, we look beyond technology to the experiences of consumers, patients, providers and caregivers across the health continuum – from healthy living and prevention to diagnosis, treatment and home care. We unlock insights to develop leading solutions that enable improved care at lower cost. With leading research, design and innovation capabilities, we partner with customers to transform the delivery of healthcare. We strive to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A MSc in computer science, mathematics, physics or another relevant area in an advanced IT technology setting;
- Strong architectural knowledge and minimal 5 years proven experience in a similar role;
- Good software development skills (Java, c++, Python and R);
- Preferably experience with cloud solutions such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and/or Google cloud;
- Preferably experience with neural networks or algorithms;
- Preferably affinity with image processing technologies;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, both internal and external to Philips; with customers, understand their user needs and be able to transform those into practical solutions;
- You take ownership and forge good collaboration in teams;
- You have a strong drive to understand the latest technologies and you are keen on continuous improvement;
We believe that every mega growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the campus in Best or Eindhoven.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page www.careers.philips.com on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
At Philips, we look beyond technology to the experiences of consumers, patients, providers and caregivers across the health continuum – from healthy living and prevention to diagnosis, treatment and home care. We unlock insights to develop leading solutions that enable improved care at lower cost. With leading research, design and innovation capabilities, we partner with customers to transform the delivery of healthcare. Visit our website: http://www.philips.com/