Do you enjoy variety? Interacting with different people? Point Grey is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Firmware team as a Development Operations Engineer. This person will play an integral role in the development and management of infrastructure used to design, build, test, and release firmware and software. Duties will also include:
· Installing and maintaining continuous integration servers, build servers, and software tools.
· Developing and maintaining scripts and other software infrastructure.
· Automating the execution and reporting of test runs.
· Maintaining test infrastructure, including hardware configurations.
· Improve build, release, and testing processes to match best practices.
Skills & Qualifications
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
· 2+ years’ experience in a similar position.
· Excellent scripting skills (Python, Perl, Bash, DOS batch).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Ability to systematically deploy changes into a production environment.
· Experience with continuous integration servers (Jenkins).
· Experience with source control and issue tracking systems (SVN, git, Bugzilla, JIRA).
· Experience with UNIX and multi-platform build systems (make, CMake, SCons).
· Comfortable working with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux).
· Software development experience using C/C++.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio.
· Working knowledge of FPGAs (VHDL, Verilog).
· Ability to prioritize tasks.
· Salary commensurate with successful candidate’s experience
· Successful candidate will be eligible to participate in the company’s competitive benefits package
· Point Grey offers a challenging and stimulating work environment with competitive compensation packages, including full health benefits, tuition assistance, RRSP matching, home office allowance, birthday gift and fully stocked kitchen (no need to bring a lunch). Point Grey values its employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where individuals can excel and contribute significantly to the success of the company.
About Point Grey Research
Point Grey is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative, high-performance digital cameras for industrial, scientific, medical, traffic, and security applications. We offer a unique and comprehensive portfolio of USB3 Vision, GigE Vision, FireWire, and USB 2.0 products known for their outstanding quality, ease of use, and unbeatable price-performance. For more information on our company and products, please visit www.ptgrey.com.