As part of the CLEO engineering team, your role will be to help us create user-friendly, fast and efficient UIs for 3D collaborative software on handheld and desktop devices.
You will be closely working with the CLEO and GraphN team to develop and standardise our UI guidelines to ensure that every widget and layout we create on an Apple device works on other platforms such as Windows. You will be working with UIKit, Swift and SwiftUI to build the foundation of our user interface, and ensure that we get the most out of every device’s advantages, from touch, AR, VR and cursor devices.
With CLEO, our goal is to approach 3D content creation from the first principle: we want to understand what are the main UX barriers that make 3D approachable in games but not in 3D software, and from there, develop the technologies needed to distil 3D down to its simplest form.
- Closely work with the UI/UX team to ensure that their ambitions match with the UI library’s foundation and long term potential.
- Design, prototype and ship new user experience widgets and layouts
- R&D with the rendering team to unlock new UI/UX paradigms
- Explore the codebase in search of key areas to remove, optimize or create.
- Get the most out of Apple’s macOS and IpadOS.
- Create platform-independent APIs that help us ship CLEO on as many devices as possible.
- Demonstrable experience writing high-end user interfaces
- Experience creating user interfaces in 3D application
- Experience working with UIKit, SwiftUI and Swift
- Experience working with Apple’s Metal API
- Experience working with Pyside/Qt is a huge plus
- Experience working with Vulkan, DirectX and OpenGL is a plus
- Experience with shader programming is a huge plus
- Permanent remote work, with an optional office in Budapest, Hungary
- PTO/Leave entitlements modelled after Sweden’s
- Stock options
- No overtime policy (+paid when it happens)
- $ 80 000 to $ 115 000 per year
How to Apply
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have a chat! Please apply by submitting your application to [email protected]
NOTE: Applications without a portfolio/Github/demo/sample might be ignored. Let your work do the talking!