Pond5 is the world’s most vibrant marketplace for creativity. We operate the world’s largest collection of royalty free footage and other media assets, with over 60,000 contributors in over 150 countries. Because of the massive demand for our collection and overall growth in the video market, we are looking to add more world class talent to our team. If you’re passionate about solving complex problems in a fast-moving environment, you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for talented and energetic individuals to join us to help us shape the future of multimedia.
The ideal candidate strives for excellence, is a continuous learner and a natural collaborator, and is excited to join our Prague office and help take our business to the next level. If you have the technical chops to contribute and the right mindset to keep up with our rapid-growth high-volume pace, we want to hear from you.
- Write high quality code, following our guidelines and best practices
- Take part in code reviews
- Work with our QA team to support as needed
- Proactively look for ways to improve our systems
- Participate in Scrum development methodology
- Work closely within teams, taking requirements and design documentation as input, clarifying them as necessary to critique solutions
- Be proactive in how you approach challenges and tasks
- Assist with the resolution of day to day issues and queries relating to technology
- Fluency in HTML/CSS
- Thorough understanding of MVC architecture
- Knowledge of SQL, preferably Postgres
- Knowledge of web frameworks and tools such as Symfony, Laravel is a plus
- Experience with front end JS frameworks such as React, Angular is a plus
- Experience with some other area of our technology stack is a plus – Solr, Python, Go
- Experience with GIT or similar VCS
- Ability to come up to speed quickly with our technology stack
- Preferably some experience working in an agile development environment
- Preferably some experience of working in a geographically dispersed development team
- Strong understanding of product life-cycle and deliverables
- Able to work on your own initiative and to deadlines
- International team of 140+ awesome people
- Competitive compensation
- Free public transportation
- Daily office lunches
- Fresh fruit, snacks and drinks
- Equipment needed for work
- Multisport card (discount for partners as well)
- English lessons
- Learn new things every day!
Pond5 is transforming the role of video in the creative process by connecting producers, creative directors, and editors to more than 60,000 filmmakers and creators in over 150 countries. The company improves creative workflow through its innovative artist technology, easy-to-use platform, best-in-class licenses and support, and ever-growing library of more than 8 million royalty-free video clips, plus millions of photos, music tracks, sound effects, and other high-quality media. Pond5 is a venture-backed company funded by Accel Partners and Stripes Group with offices located in New York, Dublin, and Prague. To learn more about Pond5’s team and products, visit Pond5.com.