The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence Health & Services is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to act as the anchor for building a top-tier software organization that will transform health care through technology that is smart, sophisticated, user-centric, and cool. We’re building a team and a culture that respects the craft of software engineering, applying our expertise to problems that really matter.
If you want to solve complex problems that make clear and real-world impact in people’s lives, join us!
What You Will Work On:
Your work will change healthcare as we know it. You will be building the software that powers the Providence On-Demand-Healthcare Platform, eXpressCare and TeleHealth products.
The Software Engineering Manager will:
• Lead team(s) of world-class software engineers and make the right design decisions and technology choices.
• Be a hands-on engineering team manager who will spend up to 50% of their time in the codebase, own production needs, and manage project execution.
• Build and manage team(s) that designs and delivers scalable, extensible complex distributed systems.
• Provide coaching and leadership in software best practices, automated test strategies, and work toward flattening the cost of change curve for our software products and services.
• Manage resources, staff, mentoring and growing a best of class engineering team.
• Understand overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies.
• Develop the long-term strategy for technology platforms that translate into an achievable roadmap.
• Scope and justify resources and budget needs to leadership
• Achieve operational excellence of your system.
• Work with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies.
• Deliver products that delight customers while managing the health of the code base through continuous refactoring and management of technical debt.
• Appreciate and advocate for information security and secure coding practices.
• A small but growing team – we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together
• Autonomy and respect from day one
• An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
• Great pay
• Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
• The best tools money can buy
You’ll be surrounded by a team of people who have transformed industries and have come to Providence to transform health care delivery. You will have the best of both worlds- the exhilaration of an incubation organization paired with the resources and security of an industry healthcare leader.
• An M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• 8 years of software development experience, shipping enterprise grade software, using multiple languages and frameworks.
• 2 years of experience as a hands-on engineering team manager.
• Demonstrated track record leading geographically dispersed teams.
• Your skills are language, framework, and toolset agnostic.
• Experience with full stack SaaS development.
• Experience with advanced web applications.
• Experience with API development in service and resource-oriented architectures.
• Experience with large complex databases and data quality and lifecycle issues.
• Experience with mobile applications a plus.
• A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it.
As employees of the Providence Digital Innovation Group, we passionately serve the people of our community. We are dedicated to removing obstacles that limit access to quality health care and enabling people to live healthier lives.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 76,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 475 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 159487.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.