Our Tokyo Platform team is hiring a software engineer capable of building state-of-art scalable and standard autonomous mobile robots. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build the pioneering robotics solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our cloud robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer and complete development of scalable, collaborative, and flexible automated forklift in 2022.
In this role, the robotics software engineer will be responsible for:
– Software and system development/testing/integration for safe and reliable autonomous mobile robots.
– Collaborating with other teams to build a common stack for all products.
– Tool development to improve development workflow
– Evaluation of cutting-edge technologies and deployment to production
– B.S. in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Robotics, or a similar field of study
– At least 2 years of experience in software development
– At least 2 year of experience in software development experience related to robotics
– At least 2 year of experience in C++ and Python
– Ability to communicate with customers in Japanese fluently
– Comprehensive knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Robot Navigation, Motion Planning, Machine Learning, Computer Vision
– Experience in designing and implementing production-grade multi-robot systems or other distributed systems
– Experience in DevOps, TDD, and CI/CD practices
– Participant in robotic competitions, e.g. RoboCup, DARPA Grand Challenge, and/or contributions to open source projects
– Experience in software development related to forklift, ADAS, factory automation or logistics industries.
– Have shown previous experience in customer consultancy and develop solutions
– Competitive salary
– Working with exceptionally talented and diverse team
– Bleeding edge technology