In this role you will lead all application development for our HomewiseDocs platform. This will be inclusive of leading a team of domestic and international engineers and working in partnership with a product manager. To this end, you will define and develop consumer grade experiences in support of the platform and also drive solid, progress, and efficient development patterns and practices within the team. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with deep technical experience who relishes the opportunity to be a player coach working on a customer facing and focused application.
- Accountable for the delivery of the team ensuring high quality work that aligns with HomeWiseDoc’s overall product and engineering strategies.
- Subject matter expert for architecture and solution performance
- Lead both our onshore team and our team in Brazil
- Be a positive influence on the team by promoting a culture of innovation, nurturing new ideas, and growing and supporting engineers through mentorship.
- Work with the product managers to understand the future business direction with the goal of architecting the platform optimally.
- Be a highly productive hands-on contributor building new features and enhancing existing functionality within the HomeWiseDoc’s platform.
- Collaborate with developers on the design and implementation of back office services
- Work with the technical leads and other stakeholders to develop project plans and participate in resource planning.
- Be a key influencer in the research and implementation of new technologies, tools, and architectural patterns for the department through participation in guilds, focus groups, and tech talks.
- 10+ years of experience in developing customer-facing software with responsibilities ranging from project planning to successful delivery of key features
- Comfortable with Node.js and/or Reach.js, HTML5 and CSS3
- Relational database experience (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Hands-on experience consuming REST web services and APIs.
- Experience with modern tools such as NPM, ESLint, Webpack.
- Experience with source control tools such as Git and common branch/merging workflows.
- Experience with UI development, responsive design, and accessibility standards
- Experience with a CSS preprocessor such as Sass or LESS.
- Knowledge of ES6 standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with scrum/agile task tracking.
- Public cloud experience (preferably AWS)
- Exposure or familiarity with GraphQL