Fully remote, anywhere in the world.
Talking is the most human way to communicate, and it’s at the heart of how teams work together and build culture. When we’re together at an office or an offsite, talking live feels fast, effective, and fun. But as the world struggles with becoming suddenly remote, teams are finding themselves fatigued by endless scheduled meetings, and feeling disconnected despite all-day text chat. Nobody likes meetings—why are meetings the default way to talk live remotely?
We believe that people thrive when they can live and work on their own terms, and we’re on a mission to help more teams embrace remote work, like us: Our team brings together 10 unique perspectives from 8 cities and 4 continents. We’re building Remotion, a video workspace that helps teams talk live instead of typing or scheduling. Remotion is core to how we build a team culture that feels fast, connected, and human.
We’re looking for you, a web expert, to lead our efforts bringing Remotion to web, and later, Electron. You’ll be joining our team of macOS experts, audio/video experts, designers, and full stack engineers from places like Google & Dropbox. We’re looking for you because we’re excited to use web to unlock new use cases and help teams share the product. And because, just as we’ve done on macOS, we want someone passionate about user experience to shape our architecture and advocate for how Remotion can best shine on your platform.
- Architect, build, and maintain our React web experience
- Flex across the stack when necessary
- Work closely with product and design to create high craft user experiences
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Strong prioritization and ownership of results in uncertain environments
- A devotion to creating and using polished UX
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with React web development
- Passion for making remote work effective and human
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with Node.js, Google Cloud, or Cloud Functions
- Early-employee equity
- Work when and where you’re most productive
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with max allowable premium coverage for you, and 50% coverage for your partner. Life insurance for you.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- New laptop, conferencing equipment, and budget for your work setup
- (Pending the end of the pandemic) Biannual company retreat (all expenses paid)
Remotion’s mission is to help teams embrace remote work by offering a better way to build strong culture and work together. First, we strive to make make each day at Remotion creative, empowering, and human. Then, we design the best parts into our product and share it with the world, as covered in TechCrunch and Fast Company.
We’re a team of 10 hailing from companies like Google, Dropbox, Microsoft, and Amazon. We’re well-funded with $13M from Greylock, First Round, and others behind products like Figma, Slack, and Houseparty.
At Remotion, we’re looking for kind, candid, talented people. We craft with focus, empower each other, and value diverse perspectives. Each new person on the team brings something unique to our culture and our product. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description.