At ResearchGate, we connect the world of science and make research accessible for all.
Working with us offers you the chance to use your knowledge and technical expertise to change science for the better, and you’ll be doing it as part of a dynamic team that hails from all over the globe. Come join us, and make an immediate impact.
As a Front-End Engineer you are working in a team with specialists to create integrated solutions for complex challenges. Abstraction and performance are your key priorities while creating clear and consistent work. You feel at home using common web-technologies and you know how to get data from A to B, from clients to servers and back into the application.
Our product teams consist of a diverse network of people from many different disciplines working in design and copy, as well as both front end and back end engineering. Therefore, your daily routine will regularly intersect different fields and technologies. You’re open to explorations into the unknown and willing to optimize your work for collaboration to make it fun for others to use.
- Maintain and extend our existing architecture and technology stack as we are growing.
- Care about agility, scalability, and accessibility.
- Continuously deploy even the biggest features piece by piece and feature flagged.
- Work closely with UX Engineers and Designers to find feasible and efficient solutions for complex challenges.
- Take responsibility for your work and continuously improve it.
- Expert knowledge of ReactJS, Redux, Node.js and ES2015
- Extended knowledge of PHP and relational or document-based storage systems.
- Understanding of object-oriented concepts and common pitfalls.
- Interests in Front-End-Ops and Infrastructure is a plus
- Very good command of English required, German is a plus
- You excel at engineering maintainable, efficient, and scalable software.
- You enjoy working with great people in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment where code is written, tested and shipped continuously. Our engineering team is passionate about building maintainable, scalable web applications that are optimized continuously to meet our members’ needs.
Join our highly-skilled international team in our company headquarters in the heart of Berlin. Work to change the world of science and have a good time while you’re at it: we offer free, healthy lunches and many fun events.
How to apply
Simply send your CV plus your possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also mention how you came across our open position. You will be hearing from us soon!